Forum

Need help, tf2 got killed by update [german error message]

Created 29th April 2010 @ 12:48

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

kR1zz

here is the german error message after update of 29.04. Thx for help.

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/5le01hye/Unbenannt.jpg

btw: got winxp

Last edited by kR1zz,

octochris

(0v0)

I don’t know german, but that looks like it is some sort of memory read error, which tends to be either caused by a.) multicore rendering in an insufficient setup, or b.) bad memory. It is likely to be a if this occurred immediately after an update, probably means they updated something which your system didn’t like.

First things first would be to assume it is a and try to fix that, so do the following:

1.) delete your autoexec
2.) run tf2 with ONLY the following launch option: -autoconfig
3.) when running tf2 with that launch option, set your graphics options and make sure multicore rendering is OFF
4.) quit tf2
5.) remove the -autoconfig option and run as normal

If that doesn’t work, get back to me.

kR1zz

hmm, tried the first two steps, but still got the problem. Tf2 got an error before i could reach anything in the options.

does it helps when I translate the error massage? :)

Last edited by kR1zz,

Saro

epx^

I’m, getting the same situation I think though I don’t get an error message. It’s just getting to the in game loading screen and then just crashes to desktop. Tried What you said but that didn’t work, but then I don’t know if it’s even downloaded the update or not.

myNax

– delete P-Rec
– delete m0re config
– play on dx9
– what chris said

octochris

(0v0)

A friend of mine just told me that the new update breaks P-REC, remove it, it might go away.

myNax

I was faster :3

kR1zz

yeah, thank you guys, it works <3

Quoted from octochris

breaks P-REC.

So just p-rec is broken and I can go on playing with m0res cfg and dx8?

Last edited by kR1zz,

myNax

Well if it works of course you can continue with dx8 and m0re cfg.

octochris

(0v0)

I have no idea why it would not work with dx8 and m0re’s config, it seems illogical to suggest that either has been broken, because the new update doesn’t change anything related to them.

kR1zz

Quoted from myNax

Well if it works of course you can continue with dx8 and m0re cfg.

didn’t tried it until now, thats why I asked ^^

jgmaster

BM

Quoted from octochris

I have no idea why it would not work with dx8 and m0re’s config, it seems illogical to suggest that either has been broken, because the new update doesn’t change anything related to them.

dx8 caused TF2 to crash before they did a stealth update.

baerbel

trick17
trick17

maybe this helps
http://supportwiki.steampowered.com/wiki/The_Instruction_at_0x_referenced_memory_at_0x_The_memory_could_not_be_read

Saro

epx^

Yeah think it is prec, am using m0res and dx8 and both are working fine.. Just delete prec :)

Froz3n

Yep it´s PRec alright lol

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »