Forum

QLC (HighFPS/Quality) - Hotifx for Classless Update

Created 27th May 2009 @ 12:11

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Didn’t investigate the RAM commands further, just noticed that I keep crashing with that cfg executed. Might just be the fact that I only use the multicore and ram bits from your cfg. :)

exm

At the Moment i have an Idea for an compitive cfg, it wouldn’t be so far away from the highfps but i would have to sacrfice some FPS for it. Anyone interessed ?

Of course!

Quantum

vR

At the Moment i have an Idea for an compitive cfg, it wouldn’t be so far away from the highfps but i would have to sacrfice some FPS for it. Anyone interessed ?

Of course!

My Idea would be
– Enable shadows for earlier enemydetection
– maybe fiddle around with the crosshair and viewmodel.
– adjust the detaillevel to show all “obstacles” (f.e. cp_well, last point the ?fence? at the stairs)

What would you like to have in the cfg ?
– some nice binds ? (start/stop demo to reload the models which are invi ?, screenshoots ?)
– some modification ? (keep in mind that it should be ok to the league)
– autoreload ? (*wargs* dont like)
– other stuff ?

Just give me some feedback ;)

exm

I doubt you should add autoreload and stuff like that (class stuff). Everyone wants something different, so you wont be able to make one cfg to fit all. And I actually dont know what you could add to your highquality.cfg o_O After few personal tweaks it suits me perfectly!

eoN^

I doubt you should add autoreload and stuff like that (class stuff). Everyone wants something different, so you wont be able to make one cfg to fit all. And I actually dont know what you could add to your highquality.cfg o_O After few personal tweaks I suits me perfectly!

Then make one that is simple and customisable like admirables? Where you can choose, simply, if you want autoreload on / off, viewmodels drawn / not, viewmodel_fov, etc.

I dont think its needed though, maybe ask to team up with admirable or m0re for their class specific configs.

Quantum

vR

Then make one that is simple and customisable like admirables? Where you can choose, simply, if you want autoreload on / off, viewmodels drawn / not, viewmodel_fov, etc.

I dont think its needed though, maybe ask to team up with admirable or m0re for their class specific configs.

I personaly use selfcreated class specific crosshair/r_drawviewmodel cfg and a modified version of my cfg ;)

My goal is not to recreate stuff that is already there, some other people already solved the problem.
I know some use my highfps cfg with more’s hud and adminarbles script :)

I dont have in mind to create the Übercfg fitting for all. My idea would be to create a base which could be modular enchanted (look into my config ;) )
But at this point i only have the idea described above for the highfps, which is already covered in the High Quality.

The only think is missing in my opion is a networkconfig (or i missed it).
But the problem with that is no config will working for everyone and a wrong netconfig could cause “hard” problems for people who just want to play. To modify this with success need some Knowlegde

So i can only say if you have a good idea let me know, i would help ya ;)
Hopefully some more opions will arise here.

ps
the generaly idea of my configs was/is to level the path between the “knowing” and the “normal players” (F.e. public players *g*) to get more people in the situation to use such stuff.

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Just a question about the high quality config, maybe you can’t help because you haven’t tested it according to the post.

Whenever I have the high quality config installed, I can’t join a server with cp_freight on it. My TF2 goes non responding on the sending client info with one bar to go. It actually joins the server but because it goes non responding I don’t join the server. It has only happened on that map though. When I don’t have it on, I can join servers with cp_freight like normal. Had this problem for quite a while and can’t really sort it out and I havn’t got the faintest idea of why it’s happening.

Would be nice if you can help but no idea if you really can.

And I have redownloaded the map multiple times.

Edit: Found what it was, it was the SourceEngine_Netsettings.cfg which fucked it up for some reason so this is sorted.

Quantum

vR

Hotfix Classless Update=> http://www.dieall.de/da2008/index.php?mod=articles&action=listcat&id=203

Goosey

Wow, just what I’ve been looking for!.

This is brilliant and works a charm! Thanks!

Quantum

vR

Quantums Little Config v2.0 is released.
The new Post can be found here http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-6969/

KillaloT

eureka

How well does the Quantum HighFPS config lower your fps, compared to the m0re highfps cfg?

Quantum

vR

I think maybe the lower sound enabled and my ultrahigh could beat mores ultrahigh FPS, but it would be a close one. We are cooking with the same ingredients (CVars ^^).
I think it only depends which flavor you like. Give both a try and suit yourself.

I posted in the new thread my old comparision between my QLCv1.0 and mores.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4