Forum

Regarding the action against degu and pred.

Created 9th August 2018 @ 21:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from 4hp

The incident is etf2l-related because two highly visible etf2l players were involved in responding to a community member’s post about actual real life sexual abuse, among other things, with slurs and dismissal. They put into question the image of the whole league with those actions.

But whatever, I’m not super interested in repeating an argument that has been done in tftv and other places. I’m sure people will really commend your dedication to the sanctity of aim, movement and coordination when you play hl pyro.

ETF2L is in no way responsible for what its players say where. Degu is in no way obligated to care about any sexual abuse, real or otherwise. Pred is in no way obligated to respect people outside of ETF2L. I don’t care if ETF2L chooses to distance itself from those comments, but a PR stunt like this can be done without:
1. Punishing people hardly related to the incident (the bin losing half of their cut).
2. Affecting the game by temporarily removing two top div players from the competition, effectively lowering the skill level of the league.
They could just give them warnings and cut Pred’s winnings. This still sends the message, while keeping the competition in tact.

Also, mge me.

Last edited by Jedi(fla)master,

Are you really so stupid as to not understand the laws of association or are you just purposely ignorant?

Quoted from Jedi(fla)master

[…]
Degu is in no way obligated to care about any sexual abuse, real or otherwise. Pred is in no way obligated to respect people outside of ETF2L.

They are obligated to care about and respect people in order to be decent human beings; unless you don’t have any morals/empathy and are just a robot whose only objective is to achieve perfect pyro gameplay?

What’s more important to you? Letting two offensive idiots who display no remorse go unpunished in order to preserve the skill ceiling of the league by a negligible amount, or making a statement that players of all backgrounds should be able to be involved in the community, including ETF2L, without receiving harassment for their race, gender etc?

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from PJC

Are you really so stupid as to not understand the laws of association or are you just purposely ignorant?

[…]

They are obligated to care about and respect people in order to be decent human beings; unless you don’t have any morals/empathy and are just a robot whose only objective is to achieve perfect pyro gameplay?

What’s more important to you? Letting two offensive idiots who display no remorse go unpunished in order to preserve the skill ceiling of the league by a negligible amount, or making a statement that players of all backgrounds should be able to be involved in the community, including ETF2L, without receiving harassment for their race, gender etc?

Gendered/race-alligned insults do not confirm bigoted motivations. I’m not saying pred isn’t a racist or a sexist because I don’t know him, but just saying “gook cunt” doesn’t mean it’s targetted harassment.
Calling someone a gook cunt once isn’t really harassment either. I’ve had way worse.
In my experience there’s very little harm in just being a dick. Many people improved my life by being assholes to me.
And, at the risk of confirming that I am in fact a robot, I’d let Joseph Stalin duke it out against Adolf Hitler in ETF2L. I really don’t see how being a decent person is a prerequisite for being good at TF2, and being good at TF2 is what makes people succeed in ETF2L. I understand you want Adolf Hitler to answer for what he’s done, but ETF2L doesn’t need to cripple itself in order to make that happen, because it’s not their job. Besides, wouldn’t it be a much more glorious, beautiful victory, to win an official against him by running a pyro in 6v6 and say “How’s that for a holocaust, asshole?”?
And finally, it’s the sad reality that you’re going to have some shit thrown at you if you’re engaging in any competitive endevour, and while I understand why you don’t want that, this “message” doesn’t prevent anyone from throwing it. A message can also be sent without affecting the competition directly.

Gonna head off to sleep now, hope I don’t wake up to a ban, lol. Have a good one, guys.

ondkaja

IKEA

And, at the risk of confirming that I am in fact a robot, I’d let Joseph Stalin duke it out against Adolf Hitler in ETF2L. I really don’t see how being a decent person is a prerequisite for being good at TF2, and being good at TF2 is what makes people succeed in ETF2L. I understand you want Adolf Hitler to answer for what he’s done, but ETF2L doesn’t need to cripple itself in order to do that, because it’s not their job. Besides, wouldn’t it be a much more glorious, beautiful victory, to win an official against him running a pyro in 6v6 and say “How’s that for a holocaust, asshole?”?

10/10. Great copypasta.

Last edited by ondkaja,

Goreston

[…]

I’m not saying pred isn’t a racist or a sexist because I don’t know him, but just saying “gook cunt” doesn’t mean it’s targetted harassment.

I can solve this one for you. Pred does racist things, therefore he’s a racist. Happy to help.

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

I can solve this one for you. Pred does racist things, therefore he’s a racist. Happy to help.

Calling someone a gook isn’t any more racist than calling someone a dick is sexist.

Samus

Op4
Dr. med.

Judging from your posts in this thread, the one on tftv and Discord, you are trying your hardest to get forum banned or at least warned, too.

Last edited by Samus,

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from Samus

Judging from your posts in this thread, the one on tftv and Discord, you are trying your hardest to get banned or at least warned, too.

You should know better than to think you can scare me. I’ve broken no rules.

Olgha

Virtus.

Ok i’ve just seen the Sac’s signal in the sky, so let’s get into it :

-1 Being a respectful player makes you a better player, because of how better your comms will be without any tilt factor for your team, so you’re whole point of just trying to be the best on a competitive league has to include that ( can be discussed for mge though ).
2- ETF2L has responsibilities, since they’re highlighting many players from the top scene, They can’t promote matches with people having public unrespectful habits (and i’m not thinking only about pred and degu but whatever, it has not been a post for each moron in this league…)
3- To be honest, and rough, the loss of degu and pred will change NOTHING for the top scene, and it might even been a better thing because it may let good deserving players to fill these places.
4- You’re in a total right to discuss on that post, but has someone already said it, You do have a neanderthal mentality, it’s not about breaking rules, It’s just y, showing your lovely iq on that case, which is just enlightening us on how poor it can be.

Goreston

[…]
Calling someone a gook isn’t any more racist than calling someone a dick is sexist.

Ah, OK. I think I see the problem. You’re wrong. Using racist slurs is racist.

4hp

Also, mge me.

hahahaahah you’re funny

do you solve your real life arguments with fistfights too? Or do you prefer pistols at dawn?

akachu

DOC

I find it lowly to take Jedi’s IQ and anything else in question when he is presenting a perfectly fine argument.

As for the bans, say what you want, ETF2L has PR to protect, and should handle accordingly.

Sexual abuse is no joke, even if i question the reliability of the tweets.

Last edited by akachu,

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from 4hp

[…]

hahahaahah you’re funny

do you solve your real life arguments with fistfights too? Or do you prefer pistols at dawn?

How do you expect me to respond to people disrespecting me? By asking for bans? I mean I could point at the irony, but after it failed to register the first time, I don’t really have many options left.

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

Ah, OK. I think I see the problem. You’re wrong. Using racist slurs is racist.

Not necessarily. You can use an inadequate slur on someone and it’ll still be an insult while having nothing to do with their race. You can call someone a slur just to fuck with them and it won’t be racist because your motivation isn’t to insult their race but to fuck with them. Finally, you can call someone an adequate slur because they really rustled your jimmies. People have been calling me a sperg and an autist (even in this thread) and it’s fine. Stop conflating namecalling with actual discrimination, please. It’s not the same thing.

Jedi(fla)master

Quoted from Olgha

Ok i’ve just seen the Sac’s signal in the sky, so let’s get into it :

-1 Being a respectful player makes you a better player, because of how better your comms will be without any tilt factor for your team, so you’re whole point of just trying to be the best on a competitive league has to include that ( can be discussed for mge though ).
2- ETF2L has responsibilities, since they’re highlighting many players from the top scene, They can’t promote matches with people having public unrespectful habits (and i’m not thinking only about pred and degu but whatever, it has not been a post for each moron in this league…)
3- To be honest, and rough, the loss of degu and pred will change NOTHING for the top scene, and it might even been a better thing because it may let good deserving players to fill these places.
4- You’re in a total right to discuss on that post, but has someone already said it, You do have a neanderthal mentality, it’s not about breaking rules, It’s just y, showing your lovely iq on that case, which is just enlightening us on how poor it can be.

AD1: Maybe it does, but that has nothing to do with shittalking on twitter anyway.
AD2: No, ETF2L is in no way responsible for any transgressions taking place outside of it, they’re not even adequately staffed to pull that off if they wanted if you ask me.
AD3: Your honest opinion isn’t what gets people in prem.
AD4: 138 last time I checked. Not even that high, I know. Your move. If you want we can run a third party test together to see who has the longer braindong.
also
>implying neanderthal isn’t a slur

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »