Forum

Finding scrims

Created 23rd December 2015 @ 20:12

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Spice

6fps

There is new tftv’s official Discord server. The main purpose of it is finding scrims both NA and EU but there is also general chat channel. Here is the link: http://www.teamfortress.tv/30728/the-teamfortress-tv-discord-find-scrims-more
I’m not sure if it’s needed to post this or even if it’s allowed to but I just felt like it.

Wouldn’t it be great if all of us could find scrims in one place?

Last edited by Spice,

Ombrack

Top5rocket

Quoted from Spice

Wouldn’t it be great if all of us could find scrims in one place?

irc ?

STOGE

TDP

Hopefully it can be a nice alternative to irc

Spice

6fps

Quoted from Ombrack

[…]

irc ?

I personally use both Discord and IRC for now. Discord is just simpler and more user-friendly from my perspective. Idk I just like it more and I think the hype (not so much of a hype but still) around discord server that tftv is making is better for gathering people in one place.

The reason I’m bothered about all this is that it already takes me 30 to 60 minutes to find a pcw in IRC. I believe one of the reasons is that people now use different ways of scheduling scrims i.e. adding team leaders in steam friend list, using steam groups etc.
The cause of this might also be that it’s off-season maybe? But there wasn’t such a problem before season 21.

Last edited by Spice,

Crayon

Quoted from Spice

[…]

different ways of scheduling scrims i.e. adding team leaders in steam friend list, .

prearranging games is much better imo because you know exactly who you’re playing and at what time. I would have preferred if they plugged a steam group for arranging 6s games as it makes the whole process more organised. on irc and potentially discord, you can be placed against mixes which don’t play like a normal team and thus the scrim can end up being pretty shambolic.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Scheduling scrims ahead of time has never really been done via IRC. When I schedule scrims manually, I can select who to play against and when, I can ignore teams who are always late or are annoying to play against for whatever reason.

IRC (or discord, if it’s going to be the default), will always be for short notice/right now scrims and mixes, because you simply cannot be picky at that point in time (given the small community).

Add A Reply Pages: 1