Forum

scrim.me

Created 26th July 2014 @ 09:58

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from HATE

I’d hope the answer isn’t just a war of attrition until someone’s hard work goes down the drain.

I hope that is the answer. Competition has always been good for these things.

Chowder

We are happy to work with everyone :). Wu just decided to start this project because we thought it’s going to be fun to do and useful for the TF2 community. Another person thought the same thing at the same time which is completely fine. We are not trying to “destroy” anyone or anything. At the end the users are the ones who decide who “wins”.

Also I think competition is always good.

Stop trying to find drama guys, use whatever you feel is the best, we are not reinventing facebook here :)

We will continue working while people use our website, and probably continue working after that, since it’s lots of fun and a great learning experience.

Cheers,
Chowder

HATE

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Chowder

[…]

We are happy to work with everyone :). Wu just decided to start this project because we thought it’s going to be fun to do and useful for the TF2 community. Another person thought the same thing at the same time which is completely fine. We are not trying to “destroy” anyone or anything. At the end the users are the ones who decide who “wins”.

Thanks for the response. I’m pleased to hear there’s some sort of compromise ahead!

By the way, I do feel I’ve been unduly negative about scrim.me – it looks fantastic, it really does, and some of the features you’ve got are properly good – but I wanted to make sure no-one would lose out just because you launched at the same time! A combination of scrim.tf’s live scrim-finding features and your user profiles + calendars would be an awesome combination imo.

ryan

lizard

Quoted from yak

[…]

But seriously, this and scrim.tf shouldn’t be competing, why not work together?

Couldn’t agree more, it doesn’t make sense really for there to be 2 sites to serve the same purpose for stuff like this.

kindred

myx
SDCK!

Quoted from Chowder

Competition is not good in such a small community. It’s good for multinational corporations and the like because there’s no shortage of customers, and the competition forces both sides to better their product. Here you’re just spreading an already small pool of people even thinner.

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

All that tf2 community needs at the moment for finding scrims is something like highlander team leaders+actual filters, notices that the scrim is already taken, because the group works quite well, but steam limits it’s abilities. Everything else is cool, but we don’t need to make complicated things right now, just focus on essentials. Good stuff will come in time.

tl;dr we just need a bulletin board with division, date and map filters for things to work out well.

Last edited by Spreijer,

Pie

New Update!
Single scrim feature is added :P.

Higs

$$

A request here, it would be nice to be able to select multiple main classes (and possibly select different skill levels for each), as I play both soldier and heavy and would be happy to merc as either.

Maybe you could separate 6v6 mains from HL mains, as if I want to merc for a 6v6 team but I select my main as heavy I’ll never get picked.

Chowder

Quoted from Higs

A request here, it would be nice to be able to select multiple main classes (and possibly select different skill levels for each), as I play both soldier and heavy and would be happy to merc as either.

Maybe you could separate 6v6 mains from HL mains, as if I want to merc for a 6v6 team but I select my main as heavy I’ll never get picked.

Hi. You made some good points. Our next goal is exactly what you described: adding multiple classes, skill levels, divisions, so expect those changes soon :)

Cheers

jakeowaty

So how’s the site working/progressing?

And how’s scrim.tf? I’m asking because for now I have no interest in using such a site, but might be a need when the next season starts and I want to know opinions of people who have used it.

crazycalumrock

JaR

I honestly prefer scrim.me’s layout

ash

(Legend)
:D

Any updates?

aura

Quoted from ash

Any updates?

yeah, one important one —
the game is dead

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from aura

[…]
yeah, one important one —
the game is dead

How come no-one ever thought of that before?

Pie

Quoted from ash

Any updates?

Yep,since season is starting we are starting to update it more seriously :P.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »