Forum

Mumbles (AKA Qualx's Doublemix Plugin) - Updated to 0.2.0!

Created 13th June 2014 @ 23:42

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Qualx

HIFACGOOO

29/06/2014: Released 0.2.0-beta!

Download: http://tf2.kiai.eu/mumbles

Mumbles is a plugin for facilitating doublemix mumble channel sorting. It will integrate with your mumble server using Ice – talk to me on Steam if you need help setting up Ice on the Mumble server (it’s the provided interface, but some hosts may be reluctant about granting access to it, but I can probably resolve issues on that front).

Features:
– Chat commands for sorting/unsorting mumble channels
– Automated channel sorting after the game
– Optional mapchange command (enabling players to change the map without needing rcon)
– Totally standalone! Compatible with any TF2 server with absolutely no prerequisites (not even Sourcemod)

New in version 0.2.0:
– Permissions system! Now you can stop Sideshow spamming !dmix.

Installation instructions for Linux servers (including shell commands for people without GUIs):

– Download the plugin: “wget tf2.kiai.eu/mumbles/mumbles.tar.gz
– Decompress the tarball: “tar xzf mumbles.tar.gz” (will decompress into a folder called mumbles-0.2.0-beta)
– Optionally remove the old mumbles.so file if you had it installed (the location of the mumbles.so file has changed from 0.1.* to 0.2.*): “rm ~/tf2/tf/addons/mumbles.so”
– Install the plugin: “cp -r mumbles-0.2.0-beta/addons/* ~/tf2/tf/addons” (note: that’s the path to the TF2 install in my server; yours is almost certainly different so replace the second argument)
– Optionally install the sample config: “cp mumbles-0.2.0-beta/cfg/mumbles.cfg ~/tf2/tf/cfg” (again, use your own TF2 server path)
– Set up a config file, run from autoexec.cfg (or just modify the sample file and add “exec mumbles.cfg” to autoexec.cfg) to have at least Ice IP/port/secret configured.
– Run “rcon mumbles_config” to figure out channel numbers.
– Set up channel cvars in the config file.
– Play video games! (there’s a readme file with the commands for the plugin)

If you have trouble with anything, contact me directly through Steam. I realise my very general explanation is pretty horrible. Also please get in touch with any bug reports or feature requests.

The plugin is currently only built for Linux servers. I don’t have a 32-bit Windows build environment and my university internet is significantly metered and so I don’t really want to be downloading all of the SDKs to my own computer, especially without knowing if anyone even wants it. If you want the plugin on your Windows server, talk to me and we can figure something out.

If you downloaded 0.1.0 from my webserver when I initially put the page up (a week or so ago, I think) then DELETE IT IMMEDIATELY and install 0.1.1 or later, which are hardened against unsanitary input (translation: 0.1.0 had a bug that let someone change the map to, say, “cp_badlands;exit” which would shut down the server – or replace exit with arbitrary concommands).

Last edited by Qualx,

JackyLegs

4SKINGS
SDCK!

post it on tftv, alot more people visit their forums than here.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Qualx

– Download the plugin: I genuinely can’t figure out how to type the command here without ETF2L replacing the URL with [Link].

wget tf2.kiai.eu/mumbles/mumbles.tar.gz

Qualx

HIFACGOOO

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

wget tf2.kiai.eu/mumbles/mumbles.tar.gz

Such hax.

ash

(Legend)
:D

just use the code tags.

Qualx

HIFACGOOO

Released 0.2.0-beta, bumping etc. I’ve got a buildable version for Windows now but still haven’t bothered building it. If anyone wants it tell me and I’ll build it.

0.2.1 will happen soon with a few more features that are buggy/untested.

Add A Reply Pages: 1