Forum

Why are we not notified about required Demos?

Created 17th April 2014 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

How is your assumption that etf2l has the manpower and time to personally message every player on steam about demos any more logical? If you used an email address to register for a service, it’s a fair assumption from the service provider to think that you’d actually read that email for you know, stuff related to said service.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Bulow

In your other thread you said you were away for ten days – how would them adding you on steam and telling you have made a difference?

I still had limited internet access, so if I had known I could’ve asked someone in my team to sort it out.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Why else would they want your e-mail? To not send stuff to it?

You are being really ignorant.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Rake

How is your assumption that etf2l has the manpower and time to personally message every player on steam about demos any more logical? If you used an email address to register for a service, it’s a fair assumption from the service provider to think that you’d actually read that email for you know, stuff related to said service.

If they don’t have the time, then they can just notify you automatically on the website. Usually emails are only required for signing up or promotions, I wasn’t told that they’d email me demo requests.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

I told you, it’s a signup email adress, I don’t check it. I wasn’t told that I’d be sent stuff on it.

lol what did you expect? :/

ps are you the same guy from reddit that refuses to accept that 6v6 started as 8v8?

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I’m literally out of logical statements.

Failure to supply a requested demo will result in one of the following penalties:
– First time: Minor warning for the team. This warning can be removed once the requested demo is provided.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Well now you at least know that the email is required and that you should change it to some other one that you use daily, or at least more often that the current one you have.

Also seeing how in your team you only are the leader and there aren’t even any deputies in the team when they could have helped possibly with the situation, it’s more like your own mistake than the mistake of ETF2L.

Just don’t make the same mistake again and learn from this then.

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Major warnings can’t be removed.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

You are told on signup that you may get important notifications via the email address you provide. Since the Steam login was implemented a while back, there is literally no other reason you are asked to provide an email address in the first place.

Expecting admins to show up at your doorstep in a smoking and have the notification handed over to you on a silver plate while 100 doves are released to the sound of fanfares is ridiculous. Demo requests are actually a pretty common thing and you should not interpret too much into it.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

But implementing notifications about requested demo would be nice, like you have notifications about new schedule propositions by rival team.

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Quoted from CanFo

admins to show up at your doorstep in a smoking and have the notification handed over to you on a silver plate while 100 doves are released to the sound of fanfares

I would love this!

Sabesaroo

11/9
COGU

Quoted from Hajdzik

But implementing notifications about requested demo would be nice, like you have notifications about new schedule propositions by rival team.

Yeah. I get told everything else on the website, why are admin challenges emailed?

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Hajdzik

I think I added this to the tracker about a year ago. I agree that it would be useful to have notifications about everything on the site.

Quoted from Sabesaroo

[…]

Yeah. I get told everything else on the website, why are admin challenges emailed?

You are not notified about a wildcard or new comments on match pages. The only thing you are notified about are new schedule proposals.

ash

(Legend)
:D

What canfo said. There are many nice-to-have things but our coding people can only do so much in their own free time i am afraid.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »