Forum

How do i start?

Created 14th January 2014 @ 22:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Grim

^Thread title

I have watched games and learned the rollouts/basics. Now where do i go to play?

Edit: I heard TF2 lobby was terrible

Last edited by Grim,

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

http://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=recruit

Here.

Johnny

To starters I really recommend either Newbie Mixes and those kinda of groups that really focus on teaching and embracing new players into comp TF2. Oh and TF2 Center is also a good idea to start with.

Don’t forget if you are looking for a team to post a recruitment post, and who knows? You may find a team you like to play with :)

Grim

Yes, but i wanted to comp before i went looking for a team.

Edit: Thank you papo that was what i was looking for :>

Last edited by Grim,

san alex

Quoted from Grim

Yes, but i wanted to comp before i went looking for a team.:>

Nah mate, the best way to learn is playing with a team :P even if you never played 6s/hl you wil learn more in 1 match with your team than in 400 lobbys

Last edited by san alex,

hr

Quoted from san alex

[…]

Nah mate, the best way to learn is playing with a team :P even if you never played 6s/hl you wil learn more in 1 match with your team than in 400 lobbys

Lobbies teach you dm (dm/mge won’t teach you the same things that real games do) but yes playing with a team is completely different and will teach you more important things like positioning and teamplay and whatever else, I’d still recommend playing lobbies or mixes before trying to join a team.

Spike Himself

TC

Good DM is nice to have but in its core TF2 is all about team work, hence getting into a team should be at the top of your to-do list. It will also instantly give you 5 new friends that can show you what other things there are.

Good luck!

Add A Reply Pages: 1