Forum

TF2 more pro?

Created 6th December 2012 @ 17:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from irfx

Actually we will achieve ugc league system with platinum, silver and iron divisions, where top teams of each division rape middle teams that rape bottom teams. Very useful innovation indeed.

Can you please explain why this is better or ‘very useful’? The divisions here all seem to have a team at the top that has won 90%+ of their games and teams at the bottom who have won 0-20% of their games and people in the middle who are somewhere in between. This happens anyway naturally, those at the top of div 4 rape those newly promoted div 5 teams…in general. Increasing the skill gap between the top and bottom of a division makes no sense to me.

Why does three divisions make it more useful? What does more useful even mean in this context anyway?

I can think of no real sport where this system is in place, you play for a local club, then maybe your town, then county, then maybe semi pro, then pro, then prem.

Doubt I’d sign up for a league I knew I had absolutely no chance of achieving anything in for ages because those guys at the top of my division are soooo much better than me. It’s also not much fun raping/being raped either.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from AcidReniX

– Increase the speed of everything in the game by 15% (Classes, weapons, reloads, cap times, uber charge rates, respawn times to compensate… just… everything). Not possible on our end, and valve isn’t going to do it, but thought I’d throw it out there as it would make things look and feel more amazing than they are at the moment.

does’t host_timescale effectively do this? wouldnt be optimized by any means, but could maybe give an idea of what it’s like

Last edited by FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD,

silly

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

Wait, are you actually trying to compare moba and class-based shooter?

Abra

Game need good looking tits image in main menu background!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Well I’ve said, it’s probably too late anyway, and I’m not asking for it to be a reality, but in terms of making TF2 more pro, that’s my opinion on the best way to do so.

TF2 is fine how it is, but because of how it is, it will always be a mediocre game that will never be considered a proper competitive title in the eSports scene. It’s just too damn boring once you’re over the comedy aspects of getting hit by a fish.

Monkeh

Quoted from silly

Wait, are you actually trying to compare moba and class-based shooter?

Yes he is…but only in one little aspect and to be fair it’s an interesting point. Why do LoL and Dota get hundreds of thousands watching the big tournaments and tf2 get’s a thousand if we’re lucky?

Is it because lol and dota look amazing? Is it for their fast paced gameplay? Nope, it’s because people want to watch how x item with y hero plays out against z hero with q item.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Abra

And Arx, why not remove classlimits? Highlander isn’t how public games are played. If you want to attract pubbers you should actually play by their rules.

Last edited by Koeitje,

wrock

vier

Quoted from Abra

this!

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Is it because lol and dota look amazing? Is it for their fast paced gameplay? Nope, it’s because people want to watch how x item with y hero plays out against z hero with q item.

no its because it has only 1 map, 1 ruleset for public and competetiv + DEVELOPER SUPPORT

AcidReniX

Oh and I’d rather see TF2 utilise its strengths, and become more similar to the increasingly popular moba style games, than just sit back and try to be the next team based quake, CS or CoD, because quite simply, those games do a much better job of it.

There is a niche in the market for a first person moba style game, and TF2 fits that role almost perfectly, except we’ve knocked out all the moba attributes, and tried to turn it into some sort of FPS deathmatch mod, with 6 weapons and a healing gun.

In terms of actual gameplay, not that much would actually change, but the game’s appeal would increase so much more.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from AcidReniX

Oh and I’d rather see TF2 utilise its strengths, and become more similar to the increasingly popular moba style games, than just sit back and try to be the next team based quake, CS or CoD, because quite simply, those games do a much better job of it.

There is a niche in the market for a first person moba style game, and TF2 fits that role almost perfectly, except we’ve knocked out all the moba attributes, and tried to turn it into some sort of FPS deathmatch mod, with 6 weapons and a healing gun.

In terms of actual gameplay, not that much would actually change, but the game’s appeal would increase so much more.

You didn’t answer my question.

AcidReniX

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

And Arx, why not remove classlimits? Highlander isn’t how public games are played. If you want to attract pubbers you should actually play by their rules.

You’re correct, but diversity is a good thing, and a typical public game often has numerous aspects of diversity. The competitive game with no class limits would pretty much involve X medics + X demomen.

With another league reference… in the same sense that you can’t pick 5 of the same champions… it’s beneficial to add some restrictions to enforce diversity.

Diversity keeps the game fresh, allows the development of new tactics, and is simply more entertaining to watch from a spectators point of view.

Last edited by AcidReniX,

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from AcidReniX

LoL wouldn’t be the most popular game in the world if it had 6 champions, where you used two of the same champions twice on your team, and had only one set of items you could build using.

Counter-Strike, Starcraft, Warcraft are hugely popular and they are as limited as TF2, maybe even more…

Monkeh

Quoted from wrock

no its because it has only 1 map, 1 ruleset for public and competetiv + DEVELOPER SUPPORT

Watching the international learned me two things, 1) a million dollars from valve would help a lot, granted and 2) when Dendi picked Pudge the crowd went fucking wild, now that has nothing to do with ruleset, (btw captains mode very different from all pick), map or developer support, it’s because they wanted to see a high skilled player using a particular hero. Same thing happened when batrider got picked and a host of other, non conventional, heroes got drafted.

silly

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Yes he is…but only in one little aspect and to be fair it’s an interesting point. Why do LoL and Dota get hundreds of thousands watching the big tournaments and tf2 get’s a thousand if we’re lucky?

Most of the “hundred of thousands” LoL and Dota viewers are actual players who plays exactly the same game, but not on that such level. That’s pretty common in any gaming stream, be it TF2, Quake, Dota, or whatever. They’re interested to see how better players utilise situations they may meet or already met. Why is stabbystabby getting more viewers than Byte, for an example? Because pubbers see exactly the same game, same situations happens for them in-game, and they want to know how their “idol” plays around it.

Quoted from AcidReniX

Oh god, I really hope you’re just trolling the shit out of it.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

You’re correct, but diversity is a good thing, and a typical public game often has numerous aspects of diversity. The competitive game with no class limits would pretty much involve X medics + X demomen.

With another league reference… in the same sense that you can’t pick 5 of the same champions… it’s beneficial to add some restrictions to enforce diversity.

Diversity keeps the game fresh, allows the development of new tactics, and is simply more entertaining to watch from a spectators point of view.

The limit in LoL is hardcoded in the game, unlike tf2. If you want it to be more like publics then we shouldn’t have class-limits. If you want them you want them to balance things out a bit, which is exactly why we play with dl1 ml1 hl1. You want diversity? Remove all class restrictions. Maybe that 2 medic 3 demo 1 sniper will get countered by 2 medic 3 demo 1 scout combo!

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »