Forum

My opinion on how the European scene could go forward

Created 27th August 2012 @ 05:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

atrox_

WaAS?

uninstall gg

poxie

pickups have very little to do with it imo. the na guys destroyed eu teams because they had superior tactics – running things seldom seen in eu games, it was a huge shock to see the heavy or the engie as much as it was seen, even from my spectators pov.

best thing to do is go back to the drawing board and get creative with tactics. mid isn’t the only part of the match which needs a special plan – it was pretty obvious the americans had the whole map down and knew what they needed to do to win or set up a successful counter/aggressive push.

we’ve already seen epsi get beaten, i would expect some of the prem teams, now, who usually have issues with epsilon to start trying new things, to beat them, finally! same goes for epsilon, who have seemingly been at the forefront of new plays!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Heavy has always been deemed gay as fuck in EU poxie, that’s why you don’t see it often. If you play to win you should use it though. That’s it basically. To hell with these gentlemen agreements of not using heavies and engies in situations you’d normally wouldn’t see them.

We also spend a fuckload of time discussing all these goddamn unlocks when it was clear that EU top teams didn’t want them at that time. Should have just listened to them, that would have kept the scene from falling apart a little bit more.

ps. if the events of the past couple of days lead to some twisted sense of logic by the ETF2L admin team and they allow all unlocks that are also allowed in NA it would set back the scene even more.

Quoted from Trane

Israel has it’s own pickup channel?

I went back to pixel a while back and gave up after the first game, because there were 3 jews on my team who refused to stop speaking hebrew, gg. There might be players in there that even I might be able to help, but I couldn’t deal with that shit.

Haha. Same shit happened to me, I just reported everyone and they get ban. So just report them.

Last edited by Koeitje,

My opinion on how i don’t give a fuck http://api.ning.com/files/Xf4MWJQ8-qw3FFavRDNKWV6N1u1OHQUgeUW8YudcyhT5HTIEE-GP5bIKBc5Iaz8POZZBMPREZ4jmvQHAcUpbRNUc5h9I4k0E/bitchpleaseobama.jpg

The best thing the European scene could do is accept the fact that NA are better than us.

Seriously.

Like, banny doesn’t fucking miss.

Really.

(p. sure we’d beat them at drinking though)

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Matter of interest what did the Americans from LG and MixUp think of our unlocks, maps etc.

alfa

Quoted from CrashSite

Matter of interest what did the Americans from LG and MixUp think of our unlocks, maps etc.

what unlocks? you barely allow the crossbow

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from alfa

[…]

what unlocks? you barely allow the crossbow

he meant the unlocks rules (ban everything but medlocks)

EDIT : also your question doesn’t make sense crashsite, they play snakewater granary gpit gullywash and badlands in NA too so

Last edited by Mercyless,

Hallow

P.O.P

Platinum was talking about how our unlocks are the reason the eu teams lost

Mercyless

ORACLE

Quoted from Hallow

Platinum was talking about how our unlocks are the reason the eu teams lost

doubt he said that, and if he did then that doesn’t make sense

h1

:3
BM

instead of having that private little top player fuckbuddy pickup group that you have to get invites of byte n shit ( no offense byte, or any people in there), make one fucking pickup! and stop being so egotistical about playing with lower skilled players, thanks to people like sideshow jg vli mightyme and d¿s, i got a change at playing with alot higher skill level players than me, and i learnt a shit load from it. give the lower skill players a chance, i got laughed at when i couldn’t roll out, now 3-4months later i play against div2/3 teams. i know its not massively impressive but my point is people need to take there ego out the equation and play with whoever. like many people have said NA low/high skilled players all mong about in pickups, its a great chance to actually learn something from decent player.

THIS is just my opinion, dont get all butt hurt.

Trane

Quoted from Mercyless

[…]

doubt he said that, and if he did then that doesn’t make sense

He did say that, and it does make sense if you follow the line of thought that:

More unlocks = more possible playstyles = more flexibility/adaptability to what’s going on.

The US teams never got rattled by anything that the EU teams tried.

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from byte

Get prem players to help out more? Watch more analysis vid’s more? Get going and put the in the effort…

Cheers

Byte

Despite how much time you put into MGE/anaysis videos you may still not get noticed. If your starting to rape your div 3/4 mixes its pretty unlikely that someone from prem/div1 is going to notice you.

Although I think DM/MGE/demo anaysis videos are a good way to improve, actually playing first hand with people better than yourself, putting you in the deep end will help the player out a lot especially if they are playing mge/watching anaysis videos too.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from h1

give the lower skill players a chance, i got laughed at when i couldn’t roll out, now 3-4months later i play against div2/3 teams.

you’re my idol, h1
please carry me through s13

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

May it be, that the american teams, that play with all kind of unlocks (gunboats, equaliser, etc) are more used to clutch play due to the excessive bombing and wide range of tactics that are used with the unlocks? I figured, that might be a reason why Epsilon had alot of problems countering the roaming and scout play. I feel the way Mackey was playing, was very different from the way roaming is normally played here in europe. He often switches to an offclass also, which we rarely see here.

And I do think the amount of effort and training that the american teams put into this project, was the key to their succes. The way their team moves, the descision making and choises they made in their gameplay was far better. I felt Epsilon, TCM were very predictable in their play due to that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »