Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 73 Next »

Salmon

alfa
[hePPa]

I don’t get why people are all of a sudden so careful about their privacy in tf2. You blindly install metamod, sourcemod and other plugins on your server and don’t question if they privately collect data and send it somewhere. Moreover you join servers randomly and don’t bother to find out what plugins are running on the server, for all we know they could be collecting all sorts of data and sending it to someone (hide yo kids).

For some reason Anakin’s plugin is the problem here, it’s like people are too stupid to realize that someone else could’ve been collecting data all these years when you’ve played tf2.

Let’s just blame Anakin’s plugin for collecting data and not question the other plugins (they must be legit, because they haven’t mentioned anything about uploading screenshots/other data)

Valve has implemented these functions in the game/servers so that these kinds of plugins can be created. So anyone could create a similar plugin and there could very well be plugins that are collecting data from your tf2 game sessions.

If you don’t want to play on a server with Anakins plugin, you better not play on any server, you might be better off just uninstalling or playing on a localhost against bots, because you can never know what plugins are installed on a server.

You can never be too sure, I think everyone would be better of uninstalling the game.

Last edited by Salmon,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Salmon

Valve has implemented these functions in the game/servers so that these kinds of plugins can be created. So anyone could create a similar plugin and there could very well be plugins that are collecting data from your tf2 game sessions.

Not really.

1. What valve did is give tremendous power to the server over clients. Servers can request any file they desire (with some restrictions on file extension) JUST so your client can upload your spray. Why Valve didn’t limit this function JUST to upload sprays is beyond me.

2. There is an exploit involved in making the actual screenshot. Remember a long time ago (still possible in l4d(2)) where servers can run any command on your client? Well Valve suposedly fixed that in the orange box because (act surprised!) it was abused. AnAkIn is using an exploit to bypass this restriction.

3. Looking at all the client->server exploits that used to exist I can only imagine how many server->client exploits there are. I wouldn’t be surprised servers can take full control over your computer just by joining a server.

Mommy

who is?
CGAY&BB

As much as I applaud catching the cheaters, there is a very strict line that has been crossed here. I do not condemn the results but the methods.

That line is protected by laws in certain countries. The line I am talking about is the transmission of data to third parties without a users consent.

Last edited by Mommy,

alfa

are you all running your social security number as your crosshair or what

Last edited by alfa,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Salmon

I don’t get why people are all of a sudden so careful about their privacy in tf2. You blindly install metamod, sourcemod and other plugins on your server and don’t question if they privately collect data and send it somewhere. Moreover you join servers randomly and don’t bother to find out what plugins are running on the server, for all we know they could be collecting all sorts of data and sending it to someone (hide yo kids).

They are open source and/or well documented. They also don’t maliciously update themselves, or at least provide an option to set this behaviour.

Taking screenshots is not a big deal – randomly updating a plugin on other people’s servers, effectively altering its behaviour entirely, is.

Quoted from Casual

3. Looking at all the client->server exploits that used to exist I can only imagine how many server->client exploits there are.

The most worrying part of this in the scope of this plugin is that anakin doesn’t know where to draw the line.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

quik

vs
Fe |

checked all the screenies from pingtimeout pack, only 1 cheater – tarkus.

Septique

Quoted from quik

checked all the screenies from pingtimeout pack, only 1 cheater – tarkus.

get a life ilya

severus

burn

After looking through loads of pingtimeout screens, all I found out was that a lot of people play with tunnel vision.

envy

Quoted from Spike Himself

They are open source and/or well documented. They also don’t maliciously update themselves, or at least provide an option to set this behaviour.

“Game is fucking broken” isn’t well documented enough for you?

http://i.imgur.com/UgyJG.jpg

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Shintaz

Seems legit

deli

IKEA

Quoted from Shintaz

WIN

minimoose

Oh no

LaMqTa

fenneks

after 5 pages of reading…
Quoted from Shintaz

Anakin managed to code a WIZARD inside your PC’s.
EVERYBODY DISABLE YOUR COOKIES AND DON’T ORDER ANYTHING ONLINE FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK

you’re all idiots.

gj anakin, fuck em up.

Quoted from smziii

so what do we learn from that

dont even try cheats once (to troll pickups public whatever) chances you are getting fucked are quite high

^DIS

maidos

anakin would you release the code for your plugin to the etf2l admins and let the coders verify your plugin that it solely takes screenshot from tf2 ingame and nothing else?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 39 40 41 ... 73 Next »