Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 41 Next »

Shrapnel

TFTrue does not provide a barrier to new players.
It is a server side mod that makes hits score average damage.
A new player probably would not notice any difference for quite a long time
unless told he was playing a mod.

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

@Riemu
Stop being so elitist and get the fuck out of that bubble your living in

Idioteque

-HH-

Riemu if i send you 100 euro pounds can you send back your soiled pants, im just wondering if you shit out pure awesomeness.

First:

I do not believe that people are going to be scared away cuz there is some special mod in 6vs6. The difference is so small that most (if not all) of the new people won’t even notice it.

I think the difference between the critz and the nocritz is way bigger than this mod so that excuse is quite poor if you ask me.

Second:
Why test this mod on gathers? Because the community has to test this mod somewhere no?

Third:
Saying that demoman should be able to take a whole team down is just bullshit. This is TEAM fortress. Its a game known for its teamplay etc.

Imo, this mod is positive for the teamplay cuz the demoman isnt so overpowered anymore. A demoman still does a nice amount of damage and in combination with soldiers its still a killing machine. Its just not suited for soloplay anymore if you ask me.

Dont think this mod is so bad.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

As people have said, I don’t think anyone is opposed to the elimination of random damage. I just think this way of doing it doesn’t work for all of the classes and kind of ruins a lot of the development that competitive play has advanced to.

The problem then comes when you start to individually modify damage counters to get the game perfectly balanced (which would be good, but people would argue). The game would differ too much from public play, certain leagues would use the plugin while others wouldn’t. Players often practice on public servers, this wouldn’t be as effecient as your shots would cause different damage per server.

Instead of trying to change the game… adapt to the game that allready exists. It’s obviously a playable game, as we have been playing it for so long now.

People say the demoman is way too overpowered, and to an extent I would agree. But scouts annoy me as they can 2 shot me… does this make a good scout overpowered? Shall we change that too?

I think having a medic is overpowered!!!11 .. because it’s hard to kill people when you have one!! (yes it’s a joke, but can you see where I’m coming from?)

Two Medics is overpowered, that’s why for competitive sakes, we have limited it to 1. Same with demoman. That is the demoman nerf you wanted, the fact that you can only have a single demoman. If he is such a huge threat, adjust your tactics to ensure you kill the enemy demoman while keeping your one alive… just as you would do with your medic.

I personally don’t see the demoman as such a big threat, I would much rather kill 1 or 2 soldiers as the enemy then loses a lot of their pushing power.

While it is nice to know exactly how much you are going to hit for, and exactly how many hits your opponent will take, I think a little bit of randomness (not to the extent of critical hits) is fine to spice up the game a bit (and to make NVC moan on vent). Besides, i’d say 99% of the community has gotten used to those ‘wtf’ moments anyway. Just leave it alone ;)

AcidReniX

Oh and with this mod, stickies above a door are useless, they have to be at the foot of the door or they barely hit for any damage. You now need 3-4 stickies to kill an overhealed scout if they are even slightly indirect (above a door).

.. which I think sucks.

toasty.

PHX

I think this mod should be be tested for quite a while before its used as standard. I’m a demo and if it radically changes the way the class has to be played I think we should be given some time to adjust.

Is the demo limit 1 up for discussion again? My clan has 2 good demos, is it an option again?

Where does the demo nerf cross the boundary of making him equal to a solider/heavy/scout again? Who makes this call?

Norris

NO, rejected. my clan doesn’t have two good demos. PLOL

blind

popkõrns

pretty much what arx said :D?

Zipok

Suggesting a small cup for the sake of testing how it works. Next weekend, 64 teams, all matches in one day, tftrue enabled, normal 6on6 otherwise. Gogogo!

Tbh a cup like that would be nice, if the league would arrange one. :)

AcidReniX

Thing is, the game can still be played exactly the same with this plugin as without. Sure there are variations in a few things, but it doesn’t exactly make the game better, just shifts who kills what a little, and it all seems kind of pointless to me.

By underpowering one class (or even just balancing the overpowered ones) a new class emerges that is now more powerful because most classes in TF2 have a rock, paper, scissors thing going on.

Noticeably with this mod, scouts are a stronger class. Is there a reason why they should be the strongest? is there a reason why a demoman shouldn’t be the strongest? The game can never be perfectly balanced because certain classes can kill other classes easier than a different class.

People are complaining that soldiers are too weak, and to be hounest, I think that is 50% of this buzz around this mod. That soldiers can finally do something…. O.k… well…. PYROS ARE TOO WEAK! That’s my statement, now do something for my Pyro… why should a scout, soldier, demoman, engineer, hw, and sniper be able to kill a pyro more than the pyro can kill them?

Soldiers might not be the most powerful class, but every class can’t be, so they are defaulted to 3rd? 2nd? and my question is… what’s wrong with that? You have several other classes to choose from, you can run a sniper, spy, pyro, heavy, but you choose not to.. why? Because soldiers are generally more effective in clan matches than the other classes… why? because they don’t suck as much as everyone is making them out to.

Now back to the first paragraph… If the game is still played in a similar manner, with no real added bonuses (1 class nerfed makes another stronger), then why deviate from the standard TF2 to play a different version, almost for the sake of it.

cubeth

rda

The game still feels the same, the affect of the plugin seems to be exaggerated. And having certainty that you won’t get killed by one nade as a scout, makes random damage a good riddance.

use it tbh.

hosting a cup just to test is a nice idea as well.

nvc

I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD I WANT STATIC SCATTERGUN AND PISTOL SPREAD

nvc

or atleast just a static, circular scattergun spread

so then my aimbot works

RobbaZ

[FADER]

Spam deleted, please keep it to an adult level, kthx

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 41 Next »