Forum

Changing mouse sensitivity

Created 29th August 2010 @ 11:34

Add A Reply Pages: 1

exm

I’m changing my resolution from 1280×1024 to 1366×768 but I want to have the exact same sensitivity. Iirc there is some kind of mumbo jumbo formula out there that can calculate this. Anyone knows where to find it?

Greg

wat

Wiiking

dont think so mate, just do the classic manual thing :P

Kasuno

Deimos

changing resolution won’t change sensitivty
/thread

fisheye

there was a formula on quakelive.com forums, but im afraid it was for someone who changed fov, not resolution…

Quoted from Kasuno

changing resolution won’t change sensitivty
/thread

this

konr

Quoted from d1ck j0nes

[…]
this

Surely it does change in the way that there’s more screen to cover, though?

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Even if there is a difference in sensitivity, it would be so minimal that you’d have to look for the difference. (Or maybe you just think there is one, and for that reason it also feels different)

Either way, leave it alone, play with it a week and you’ll probably just forget that it ever changed due to it being so minimal.

Quoted from Lynn

Even if there is a difference in sensitivity, it would be so minimal that you’d have to look for the difference. (Or maybe you just think there is one, and for that reason it also feels different)

Either way, leave it alone, play with it a week and you’ll probably just forget that it ever changed due to it being so minimal.

It’s not minimal, it’s nonexistent.

TF2 is a 3d game, where the mouse is used to rotate the view, each tick or count (CPI) rotates the view by X degrees(m_pitch, m_yaw), resolution or fov have nothing to do with this.

Rele

nvm sturmis is right

Last edited by Rele,

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from Sturmis

[…]

It’s not minimal, it’s nonexistent.

TF2 is a 3d game, where the mouse is used to rotate the view, each tick or count (CPI) rotates the view by X degrees(m_pitch, m_yaw), resolution or fov have nothing to do with this.

Yeah I thought so. As I said it’s most likely just thinking that it’s different and therefore also being perceived as being different.

poxie

any difference felt is an optical illusion – same with higher fovs in quake feeling faster/slower than the usual 90.

Add A Reply Pages: 1