Forum

Unlocks

Created 30th July 2010 @ 02:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Interesting bit of stats here about what unlocks are being used. Most notable, 64:36 scatter:fan, 68:32 RL:TDH, and nobody really cares about anything else.

iQue

keso

lol’d at 41% homewrecker

G-Mang

A lot of pubbers assume unlocks are upgrades and keep them on from the moment they get them.

dougiie

CotC

Interesting stuff

2fort most played… also lol’d that achievement_idle is #4 on most played :P

Sunbather

maksa

jeez Robin Walker has 37 hats

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from iQue

lol’d at 41% homewrecker

It’s probably the best melee unlock for pubs as you can 2 hit sappers of friendly buildings.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

We really don’t give long time pub players enough credit, they aren’t all idiots, some of them know the difference between the weapons and recognise the right situations to use them in.

flix

n2o

Quoted from Enef

We really don’t give long time pub players enough credit, they aren’t all idiots, some of them know the difference between the weapons and recognise the right situations to use them in.

pub players aren’t better bots?

Jakko

Why do some people seem to think bubbers are like bots, I bet everyone on ETF2L plays pub every now and again. Does that mean your as bad as a bot?

kuma

Quoted from flix

[…]

pub players aren’t better bots?

better?

no but some pub players have good dm, but most have the gamesense of a wet fish. that’s why they prefer pushing a cart down a straight track where they can keep w+m1ing the enemy till they die

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from kuma

[…]

better?

no but some pub players have good dm, but most have the gamesense of a wet fish. that’s why they prefer pushing a cart down a straight track where they can keep w+m1ing the enemy till they die

Quoted from a guy we forced to start playing comp TF2 after we noticed how pro he was at pushing carts.

Jakko

lol.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Enef

[…]

Quoted from a guy we forced to start playing comp TF2 after we noticed how pro he was at pushing carts.

At least he speaks from experience then :)

Biohazard

IDK

I’m quite surprised that 50% players use southern hospitality for engineer. Maybe engineers do not have to encounter pyros that often but still vulnerability to fire and no random crits (imo its a pub weapon and most of pubs have crits enabled) would be a disadvantage.

I found that there are 2 optimal setups for engie now:

1. Default weapons for moving your stuff around (assuming your sentry will survive a long time, therefore standard shotgun)

2. New shotgun, gunslinger for offensive engie (put the sentry down and run around shooting people/ melee them until you your sentry kills/gets assist on few people then destroy it and get crits :) make another sentry etc.. with enough dm skills engie will be as good fighter as any other class with 25 health extra)

3. imo wrangler could be a great unlock for 6v6/ 9v9 gameplay to defend choke points / last points however i found it useless on public servers (unless you want to do them funky jumps and stuff :))

This is just my opinion but I realise that others may have a different experience with the unlocks because they (engie unlocks) give players huge variety of usage.

kuma

Quoted from Enef

[…]

yeah i loved pushing my cart into your base
still do

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »