Forum

Quote notification

Created 24th November 2009 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

BvD

flowerpower/

Maybe it’s just me being stupid, but loads of times when I go through the forums and find this interested topic, and post my opinion there, I forget to check if someone has reacted. I’m always curious. But I always forget the topic names and there’s loads of pages so yeah… kinda impossible to see if someone likes/dislikes your opinion on that matter.

So my request: Is it possible to get an e-mail notification if someone has quoted you, so you can see what he/she thinks?

Burp,

BvD

Pyle

Maybe it’s just me being stupid, but loads of times when I go through the forums and find this interested topic, and post my opinion there, I forget to check if someone has reacted. I’m always curious. But I always forget the topic names and there’s loads of pages so yeah… kinda impossible to see if someone likes/dislikes your opinion on that matter.

So my request: Is it possible to get an e-mail notification if someone has quoted you, so you can see what he/she thinks?

Burp,

BvD

JUST GO TO YOUR PERSONAL ETF2L PROFILE AND WATCH WHERE YOU REACTED ON THE FORUMS !

ZeyOrk

Burp,

BvD

agreed

dougiie

CotC

If this idea does happen, can we please have an option to turn on/off recieving emails :)

BvD

flowerpower/

Burp,

BvD

JUST GO TO YOUR PERSONAL ETF2L PROFILE AND WATCH WHERE YOU REACTED ON THE FORUMS !

If it’s a very popular topic there still can be 10 pages between remembering the topic and checking the post, + when someone posts alot, it’s not on the profile anymore.

Bubbles1

good idea :)

blorg

It’s a good idea, but people don’t ALWAYS quote you.

Nevertheless, it’s still a nice idea.

Skyride

DUCS

I don’t see any point in it personally, but aside from that (point taken Bash if your reading this, ;) ), it would actually require a HUGE amount of work to the forum system. Like probably a good couple of days work, so I doubt it will happen.

Cycles

lolwow

Eh, I’d still rather see proper threading above this, and the ability to subscribe to individual threads within a posting. Linear threads are such a dated primitive type of communication now :(

Cycles

lolwow

I don’t see any point in it personally, but aside from that (point taken Bash if your reading this, ;) ), it would actually require a HUGE amount of work to the forum system. Like probably a good couple of days work, so I doubt it will happen.

In a project with no commercial deadlines, I don’t think time-to-implement is justifiable cause for not doing something. Just personal stance though :P

Skyride

DUCS

In a project with no commercial deadlines, I don’t think time-to-implement is justifiable cause for not doing something. Just personal stance though :P

True that, I meant more of a useful/effort way though. ;)

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

I never heard of such a function is any other forum
have you, bvd?

saiboat

heres a better idea: get a real forum :D

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

imo each quote needs to have the original posters name on it :3 hard to tell who someone is quoting

xtala

I’m fairly sure that most of these things are just limitations in Wordpress, it’s not meant to be a used for forums afaik.
Maybe when the site admins have too much time on their hands, they could overhaul to forum to phpbb or smf?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »