Forum

Foreign Languages?

Created 23rd November 2009 @ 19:40

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

ETF2L as gaeilge? :>

I doubt there’s a single TF2 clan in the world that even comms in Irish tbh.

Skyride

DUCS

Ban the RACISM

POLL POLL

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

ETF2L as gaeilge? :>

I doubt there’s a single TF2 clan in the world that even comms in Irish tbh.

Wouldn’t dispute that :D

tragett

You’re only assuming this though. It’s not as if they’re missing anything, plus 90% of them can speak english.

why have this section at all then, if you cant provide for the whole community, I notice there is not one Russian admin.

mihalch?

Assault Marine Sigh

clearly the admins dont care about equal usage.

Wow, all this for a section in the forum where just you and your buddies can go.
Seriously make your own damn forum.
This may seem really selfish but I dont see the point in any of the other language forums either. The common language spoken is English for all the countries. Lets leave it at that shall we ?

Stew

The common language spoken is English for all the countries.

Are you sure about that ?

Assault Marine Sigh

Okay let me rephrase, the most common language used by people in etf2l will be english.
If a russian wants to play a french person, chances are they will speak english, same for germans to spanish etc etc. This is probably even more true of Russians, how many people do you know, who are not Russian but speak Russian, of all the people I have ever clanned with I know nobody who does.

If you can show me otherwise go ahead. But why else is it this european forum is in english ? because everyone knows english, everyone uses english and therefore its the most commonly used.

Bubbles1

Okay let me rephrase, the most common language used by people in etf2l will be english.
If a russian wants to play a french person, chances are they will speak english, same for germans to spanish etc etc. This is probably even more true of Russians, how many people do you know, who are not Russian but speak Russian, of all the people I have ever clanned with I know nobody who does.

If you can show me otherwise go ahead. But why else is it this european forum is in english ? because everyone knows english, everyone uses english and therefore its the most commonly used.

There currently is a *Foreign Languages section* which contains
Dutch Forum
Finnish Forum
German Forum
Scandinavian Forum

if what you say is true ( everyone uses english ) then there is no need to have a FL forum unless your going to include EVERYONE. the fact the admins cant be bothered to deal with this just shows what kind of people are behind this *community forum*

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Bubbles the admins have already responded plenty of times in this topic, we need just two things –
1. An admin to moderate it
2. Sufficient demand to actually warrant creating it. The other forums were created because of popular demand, since their creation there hasn’t been a single topic asking for a Russian forum (with the exception of this one). Given that (please correct me if I’m wrong) you wouldn’t be using the Russian forum yourself, this thread doesn’t qualify as sufficient demand to create a forum.

Bubbles1

Bubbles the admins have already responded plenty of times in this topic, we need just two things –
1. An admin to moderate it
2. Sufficient demand to actually warrant creating it. The other forums were created because of popular demand, since their creation there hasn’t been a single topic asking for a Russian forum (with the exception of this one). Given that (please correct me if I’m wrong) you wouldn’t be using the Russian forum yourself, this thread doesn’t qualify as sufficient demand to create a forum.

There has been replies to this post stating that it would be a fair idea to remove the FL section due to the fact it does not cover all the people using this community, it has also been pointed out it would be a fair idea to add more sections to the FL section, you really need to sit and read all the replies in this post to come to a wider conclusion.

The current FL section is not accommodating to all of this communities users, more like a select few, it also makes no difference if I am Russian or English, I am pointing out a failure in this forum.
what you are suggesting is only people of black race can complain about black race matters and so forth, that is narrow minded and some would say ignorant.

iv pointed out how many *users* there are of the languages you have failed to accommodate, and for arguments sake the amount of Russian users is more than German users yet you have made a German section? also you say you have no admins to run any other language sections, then surely don’t have any FL section if you can not deal with all of the different users, ignoring other languages in this community and suggesting they go make there own forum simply is not good enough and is displaying ignorance and lazy administration.

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

No one uses it anyway.

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

I don’t see why it’s fair to remove forums that allow people to communicate in their own languages just because not every language is accomodated for. Once again, we’ve never denied anyone the chance to have their own language forum, we just require responsible people to step forward and be admins. If Neon or any other Russian member is serious about doing that, please feel free to contact an admin. There is no discrimination here.

I’m not saying you can’t complain about issues that relate to Russians or anyone else, I’m saying that you’re requesting for a feature on their behalf without ever finding out if they want it. Pointing out the number of Russian users on the website doesn’t imply that any of them actually want a Russian language forum. Only one Russian person has actually responded to this thread saying that it is something they would want.

The admins have never suggested that people go and make their own forums either.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Bubbles, you were told from page 1 of this thread that the main reasons for certain languages/nationalities not having their own forums was due to the fact we do not have admins from that particular country. To keep repeating yourself after that and ignoring the specific answer that was given to you by two admins on the first page is just ignorant and ridiculous.

I would suggest you take a moment to consider the comments you make about the Admin team, and structure any responses a little more carefully. Intelligence over ignorance please :)

Norris

don’t let you fool yourself Bubbles. it’s just this

no one likes the other countries

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Bubbles your idea is sound but you seem to be taking this a little to personally? The admins have stated there hasnt ben any demand from the Ruskies to have a russian forum? Just because 3 or 4 Russians on this thread of said “yeah id like that” its not a particulaly ringing endorsement.
However if russians start to !admin in irc and let admins know they want this to happen or they will moderate im sure they’ll open up a forum for it, why would they not?
Take a chill pill and stop being so abrasive.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »