[ETF2L] Season 23 Preseason Cup / Test Whitelist Feedback Thread

Created 30th December 2015 @ 00:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from TimTum

I don’t know if admins are reading the comments on the main page, but here’s my question:

Is it possible to reschedule matches? Since the knockout stage is a week later and some people might have highlander playoffs.

We gave it some thinking and agreed that you can reschedule your games, they have to be played by sunday midnight (to monday).
But this is only possible if BOTH teams agree, so you cant sign up hoping you will be able to play, sorry.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

It’s not about making plays, it will just be the default to spam the choke the med is coming through with pomson. You’re pretty limited to dodge in a chokepoint, that’s the whole point of them. It doesn’t matter about the speed at all if one is coming at you as you go through a door, you can’t see it to dodge it, just lucky timing.

1st: It can be tanked, so just dont run in front of your ppl when pushing.
2nd: random damage(-numbers) are normal. you sont see the pomson projectile? yeah, but you dont see a rocket either. You could argue a rocket does not drain uber, but if you really push through a choke, you should pop regardless if an engineer is spamming or not. and if he hits you from midrange and you dont have to pop through a chokepoint, you will likely have the uber ready in time after a few seconds.

I agree, it absolutely can lead to random “plays” and if these plays cause a drop/failpush its annoying as heck… but thats not how you should consider unlocks, is it? I mean… if you look at the weapon as a whole it is pretty much useless most of the time, it is simply not reliable. And if a weapon is that ineffective, there is no reason to ban it, regardless if someone made a play or caused a failpush once…
In some situations or hands certain weapons are somewhat annoying to play against, but they do not necessarily change the game in a way that we should blacklist them.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

It’s not about making plays, it will just be the default to spam the choke the med is coming through with pomson. You’re pretty limited to dodge in a chokepoint, that’s the whole point of them. It doesn’t matter about the speed at all if one is coming at you as you go through a door, you can’t see it to dodge it, just lucky timing.

You’d usually pop before you are in a position to take pomson spam damage anyway, and if you don’t it takes literally 2 seconds to rebuild the uber lost from a pomson at range.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from DCS

[…]

……. if you really push through a choke, you should pop regardless if an engineer is spamming or not. and if he hits you from midrange and you dont have to pop through a chokepoint, you will likely have the uber ready in time after a few seconds……….

OK first off, this point. This also touches on kaja’s point too. There are last points like process, snake, granary, (somtimes on) sunshine, (and to a lesser extent) viaduct, where teams definitely try to not pop through chokes. It’s a whole strat, pushing in from an entrance further away so you don’t have to use early. The argument of popping through chokes holds no weight since we’re only talking about the situations where people are trying to hold through chokes. Those are the only situations I’m concerned about.

Building it back up in those situations is often not going to be possible. If you’ve committed through a choke with your uber vs another uber and yours suddenly gets removed for 2-4 seconds that’s a huge period of vulnerability. You’re in the middle of enemy territory! I accept that in quite a few situations the uber will be able to be built back up, but arguing that this isn’t a bad concept because sometimes you’ll be able to ignore it isn’t valid, when it affects things it’s still a bad concept.

Quoted from DCS

I agree, it absolutely can lead to random “plays” and if these plays cause a drop/failpush its annoying as heck… but thats not how you should consider unlocks, is it? I mean… if you look at the weapon as a whole it is pretty much useless most of the time, it is simply not reliable. And if a weapon is that ineffective, there is no reason to ban it, regardless if someone made a play or caused a failpush once…
In some situations or hands certain weapons are somewhat annoying to play against, but they do not necessarily change the game in a way that we should blacklist them.

Most weapons are both useless and not a detriment to the game. They have 0 impact. They will not be run, and even if they are it will just cause a player to be worse.

This is not the case with this weapon. It will be run most of the time when an engi is on the field, and the only impact it can have on the game is a detriment. You can’t make a sick play with it. You can’t adapt the way you play engineer with it. You can’t make engineer more viable in situations due to it. The only effect is a negative one.

The only upside for me is that it’s a small negative one. It will be an annoyance rather than a game-breaking change, but I think your understanding of how unlocks should be chosen for testing/whitelisting is flawed and demonstrates a lack of understanding about 6s and what makes games competitive.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13JupxjHUuU

Apparently there’s still this bug with it too, which makes a difference to the argument of “just dodge it”.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Sideshow

Apparently there’s still this bug with it too, which makes a difference to the argument of “just dodge it”.

Yeah that is a pretty fucked up bug, should probably be banned then.

biskuu

HF!
pizza

stupid whitelist just like every single season after s19

repu

so.

i, like some others, crash when i join logjam. i was able to play the old versions of the map, and i was able to play the new version on my own server, but joining a server that hosts it crashed the game for me.

gravelpit is simply not fun imo. it’s been in and out of the map pool so many times, and never really been too appreciated. either completely get rid of the map, or remake it.

didn’t run into any problems with the pomson, but in theory it just seems too good for 6v6, especially with the bug (that i have encountered a ton, just not during this cup).

otherwise, cheers. imo coalplant was a ton of fun. it would be great seeing another koth map in the map pool. from my experience teams often chose not to practice viaduct at all, simply because koth wasn’t too relevant. with two koth maps, the gamemode actually becomes relevant, and people will start taking it more seriously.

AB

Yeah coalplant was really fun. Not a 100% sure if it was because the map was fun or that we just had a really close game. Regardless, I would love to see a 2nd koth map in the pool.

Last edited by AB,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Did anyone who tried Coalplant back in offseason of S16/17 and played it again now notice anything different in the map? Or how about Logjam from S20?

How often did your players die to fall damage when jumping down from Coalplant roofs?

Did anyone see more (ab)use of new unlocks other than Pomson only? e.g. Panic Attack or Pretty Boys Pocket Pistol

Any other general feedback to give from the cup itself? Would you like to see another preseason test cup like this again with new and old maps?

Also:
Quoted from Sideshow

We were also told that this glitch was fixed to the weapon which gave us the thought on giving it a try to see if it actually affects to the meta of 6v6, however with this glitch still being present in this game we will immediately rethink about whitelisting Pomson 6000 for Season 23 and keep everyone updated on the allowed unlocks before the season itself officially starts.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Bloodis

How often did your players die to fall damage when jumping down from Coalplant roofs?

????

Maybe I’m missing the point but I hope that isn’t going to influence the decision on the map. All maps have places you can fall down from.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

????

Maybe I’m missing the point but I hope that isn’t going to influence the decision on the map. All maps have places you can fall down from.

It wasn’t a serious question at all, t’was just a joke since I saw people dropping down there couple times during the stream with less than 10hp, even my own friends said they were victims of that when I asked them how was Coalplant, and even ended up saying that they got killed by a happy mistake

Last edited by Bloodis,

damneasy

Coalplant is actually pretty fun to play, its really easy to flank though, and plays way differnt then viaduct (which is good). I did notice people falling off on the stream but thats just not knowing the map (or them being retarded lol)

I tried the panic attack and its GARBAGE it does like 70 damage in 4 shots from close/mid range, pomson is pretty shit too, and the pretty boy pistol is fine i guess, i ran around pistoling everyone but didnt get health because i was always full, and when i was atually fighting someone i just died because its shit in damage :D

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

From a spectator POV coalplant was fun to watch, and gravelpit was very interesting to watch.

iikq

sirkkels

having two koth maps in map pool require teams to put some kind of effort to different gamemode
atm you can probably just wish to get a bit lucky with opponents and get atleast 1/2 koth wins in a season, then banning it in playoffs what kind of allows you to focus only 5cp maps

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »