Forum

Backspawning as medic

Created 14th May 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

molesto

(ETF2L Donator)
ff4r

Hello everyone!
One difference between NA and EU rule-sets and the moment is the ability of a medic to backspawn and keep his ubercharge %.
I personally believe this ability should be banned as, particularly on badlands, it allows for an interesting dynamic of a medic having to weigh the risk of dying in the lobby area on retreating with X% compared with the risk of enemy team pushing last with uber advantage and you alive to heal your team.
Interested to hear your opinions on the matter, thanks!

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

no

letto

Quoted from sidestep

no

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from sidestep

no

Dr. Heinz

★GF
KAAS

Quoted from sidestep

no

Collaide

In my opinion, we should try not to ban stuff that are features in the vanilla game, unless it severly breaks the metagame or has some other wierd effect. (Crashes etc)

Last edited by Collaide,

loopster

at least you know where the medic is going after a fail mid.

byte

Quoted from sidestep

no

Cheers

Byte

This is an interesting proposition.

No.

molesto

(ETF2L Donator)
ff4r

Reasons why/why not would be greatly appreciated, if I simply wanted yes/no i would have created a strawpoll. Thanks!

ducky

at this point it’d be worth banning just to piss people off

wpminnows

[PG]

yes

on a related note isn’t badlands the only 5cp map that lets you walk back into a forward spawn

PuzZle

Boys
GG

no

fuck mangachu

ondkaja

IKEA

it’s a very lame strat, so yes.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Do the Americans really have such a rule?

Quoted from molesto

Reasons why/why not would be greatly appreciated, if I simply wanted yes/no i would have created a strawpoll. Thanks!

You say it can make gameplay more interesting but to me it would just be awkward. If there’s anything that would come out of it it would be the bureaucratic nonsense involved whenever someone forgets to “un-learn” something that has always been allowed in the league.

Backspawning as Medic to keep uber has, at most, the ability to defend last point with Ubercharge. This is not gamebreaking in any way and if Valve really considered it such a nuisance then they would likely have changed it by now.

Besides, it is only relevant in badlands. Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »