Forum

turbine cup

Created 6th May 2014 @ 23:21

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

quell

UbeR |

whoever made the brackets is retarded (wow what a surprise). sort by div instead of grabbing names from a hat next time

tnx for hosting though, i had fun,

basshead

mid

I didn’t play any of the group stages, but I played it today and thought it was fun.

Enjoyed turbine as a map and thought the cup was run smoothly, shame about some misplaced seedings.

Great job etf2l

Sepu

(Kovein)
0fo

The tiebreakers were retarded. If you don’t want to put in any effort just don’t hold a cup at all.

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Tiebreakers were meant to get the games out of the way with quickly – perhaps too quickly which was a fault on our part. But that’s what cups are for, for testing out new ideas and clearly Bo1 GC didn’t work. Maybe more interesting if it was a Bo5 GC. :x

Seedings were done as best we could – with 128 teams to sort out I’m happy only a few cases have resulted in teams being in a bracket higher/lower than they should be.

Quoted from Sepu

The tiebreakers were retarded. If you don’t want to put in any effort just don’t hold a cup at all.

I do resent the comment that we didn’t want to put any effort in. ash, Vlijm and myself processed 192 matches in the space of three and a bit hours on Sunday night which isn’t an easy task even with three people. Yes, I can understand if you got the short straw of a the GC idea, but it was made in good faith (we wanted tiebreakers over quickly so teams weren’t spending the whole night (again) playing Turbine; I’m sure teams wanted a break from Turbine, anyway ;) ) and, as above, these kind of cups are an ideal place to try out ideas.

Cheers for Byte, Dr. Leon and Arie for casting the upper bracket games. Hopefully Turbine will get some love after some brilliant games tonight. :D

Sepu

(Kovein)
0fo

Why not just make it one round with 1st to 5 and time limit 10? That would’ve been completely reasonable.

When I asked you earlier why the tiebreakers were made like that you replied “we wanted to just get them over with”, which I thought meant that you didn’t really care about them.

I just didn’t like the matches lasting 25 seconds after waiting for 15 minutes to play them.

Last edited by Sepu,

Horppi

BauS

Quoted from Sepu

I just didn’t like the matches lasting 25 seconds after waiting for 15 minutes to play them.

+1

Phnx

really enjoyed the cup format. only problem I had was tiebreakers (even though my team didn’t need one, it looked really stupid winlimit 1).
would like to see the next cup spread on 2 or more days.

I myself liked the cup and enjoyed the map, but it was kinda fucked up to see d6 teams going against d4 teams.
I didnt play tiebreakers, but first to 5 caps in 10 minutes timelimit sounds good in my ears.

Last edited by snappe,

quell

UbeR |

Seedings were done as best we could – with 128 teams to sort out I’m happy only a few cases have resulted in teams being in a bracket higher/lower than they should be.

how hard is it to sort 128 teams by division? really? is anything that takes long than 15 minutes “hard”?

then again if you’re idea of having the Low to Higher brackets all be a random mix of d3 to d5 then i guess you did do a good job at seeding

as far as criticizing the GC. you want to get the games out of the way quick, yet golden cap has an entire day devoted to it. not really necessary ;)

Last edited by quell,

Konna

drops

why u always have to complain everything that admins does, like they try to do fun things to us players and everytime something is wrong. Cup was great i like turbine because its so intense all the time.

doks

Sore loser ? :D

Quoted from quell

[…]

how hard is it to sort 128 teams by division? really? is anything that takes long than 15 minutes “hard”?

then again if you’re idea of having the Low to Higher brackets all be a random mix of d3 to d5 then i guess you did do a good job at seeding

Good to see you have absolutely no idea what are you talking about. Do a single ONC and see for yourself, but both of us know you’ll just continue with your mental diharreas on the forums. ;)

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from quell

whoever made the brackets is retarded (wow what a surprise).

Wow. What way to start a feedback thread.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from doks

Sore loser ? :D

Does losing make him wrong?

Last edited by Fuxx,

byte

Show some gratitude, jesus. What is wrong with you people with the retard comments, it was a cup for a reason, ash and leftism spent collectively over 8-10hours for this cup to go well.

Overall it went smoothly, sure the tiebreaker is definitely anti-climatic and yes I think it should be best of 5 i.e. first to 3 and ETF2L admins can easily change it for this season coming up. Rather find out in a cup then when prem get a sniff of it and Q_Q that way…

So all it takes is a simple request to suggest and if enough of you make some noise and agree then admins to take note and will use logic/rationale.

Less ungratefulness and show some appreciation and any feedback is welcome just not slanderous abuse to particular admins…

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »