Forum

[Highlander Season 5] Feedback Required!

Created 22nd July 2013 @ 00:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

With the end of the Nations Cup just around the corner, we have to start thinking about the next Season.

We’re thinking about making a few major changes towards how the season is run:

1) Divisions will now have 8 teams in, instead of 6. This will mean that the regular season runs an additional 2 weeks, and also means that the Prem playoffs will involve 4 teams – the as 6v6 Season 15. It also means that if you’re in a division and 2 teams drop, you’re not left with only 3 games left to play.

2) Highlander Season 5 will run alongside 6v6 Season 16. This allows for more Highlander Seasons per calendar year.

Both of these ideas are not decided and we are asking everyone to give their feedback towards these ideas – every reply will be read!

If you have any questions regarding to how these ideas will be implemented, or how they affect the Season feel free to ask!

Cheers!

rat

Sounds good. I hope this means a larger map pool too.

Xearo

GTD

Running at the same time as 6s? So some people need to scrim for 6s, scrim for HL, play the officals for both and whatever else they want to do outside ETF2L/their houses? That idea sucks, some of us have stuff to do. :(

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Xearo

Running at the same time as 6s? So some people need to scrim for 6s, scrim for HL, play the officals for both and whatever else they want to do outside ETF2L/their houses? That idea sucks, some of us have stuff to do. :(

You need to learn to prioritise then. The HL league runs way too infrequent and it shouldn’t be kept this way because you are unkeen.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from rat

Sounds good. I hope this means a larger map pool too.

It would.

Quoted from Xearo

Obviously this is the major flaw with the idea, but I think so far in the Nations Cups players playing in both cups haven’t had too much of a problem – would like some feedback if this applies to you!

aura

no wrangler? I mean lets just try at least once? No one would die because of that, right?

also one map per week would be cool also because it will force teams to concentrate more on strategies and it will also safe a lot time as gathering 9 prior for pcw takes like 15 mins and then it takes the same amount of time for official and between maps

Last edited by aura,

Xearo

GTD

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

You need to learn to prioritise then. The HL league runs way too infrequent and it shouldn’t be kept this way because you are unkeen.

I’m saying the opposite. I want to be able to scrim as much as I can for both formats in an on-season and that’s not possible if there are only 7 days in a week and I’m a main in two teams. That’s for someone that doesn’t take a few days out a week to do sports or whatever. How about a week or two overlap? Less strain on the admins and those with other things to play/do. I’m not ‘unkeen’ because I want to focus on one format or have a few days not playing TF2 without missing out on a normal amount of practice. Why should people have to pick HL or 6s?

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from aura

no wrangler? I mean lets just try at least once? No one would die because of that, right?

also one map per week would be cool also because it will force teams to concentrate more on strategies and it will also safe a lot time as gathering 9 prior for pcw takes like 15 mins and then it takes the same amount of time for official and between maps

This thread is only for what I mentioned, can you please stay on topic :]

Linus

[d¿s]

ive suggested the 8 teams per div idea before S4 aswell, glad that seems to be happening!

As for running alongside with the 6v6 season, im not sure about the schedule at all (timings etc) but it’s not the end of the world, however of course it’d be good if there was at least a period of a week or two where the hl season is running on its own for easy catch up on the games.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I basically have no real life but I still think that a HL season and a 6s season running at the same time is too much.
We usually have like 2 scrims a week in 6s and one official. And then I’m supposed to find time for a HL official? And HL also needs scrims so I’m basically busy 5/7 days of the week.
Try to arrange a scrim with your HL time with everyone on different teams with different 6s scrim times. Basically impossible, it’s hard enough to organize a scrim when 6s isn’t running.
I genuinely don’t think this is a good idea, even though I love playing both formats as much as possible…

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Xearo

[…]

I’m saying the opposite. I want to be able to scrim as much as I can for both formats in an on-season and that’s not possible if there are only 7 days in a week and I’m a main in two teams. That’s for someone that doesn’t take a few days out a week to do sports or whatever. How about a week or two overlap? Less strain on the admins and those with other things to play/do. I’m not ‘unkeen’ because I want to focus on one format or have a few days not playing TF2 without missing out on a normal amount of practice. Why should people have to pick HL or 6s?

You can play both formats perfectly fine! My old HLS4 team, full of 6v6 players, would play PCW’s and officials for highlander at 18:45 CET and then play 6v6 20:00 forward. It is perfectly possible to do so and was not a problem at all.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Linus

ive suggested the 8 teams per div idea before S4 aswell, glad that seems to be happening!

As for running alongside with the 6v6 season, im not sure about the schedule at all (timings etc) but it’s not the end of the world, however of course it’d be good if there was at least a period of a week or two where the hl season is running on its own for easy catch up on the games.

The initial idea would be to have the Highlander Season start 2 weeks prior to the 6v6 season. They would follow identical schedules and therefore the final 2 weeks of Season 16 will have no Highlander (presuming no games during HL catchup week and Tiebreakers).

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

I’ve never had problems playing 3+ 6v6 games and 2+ 9v9 games per week

Last edited by Muuki,

droso

o/

Playoff maps played as bo3 please.

1) bo1 can be over very quick so that’s pretty bad spector-wise.
It’s the fucking playoffs, people want to watch 2 hours of TF2, not 20 minutes.
2) bo1 is rather unforgiving on payload/stopwatch maps.

unu

Sounds good. More teams= More fun

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »