Forum

[S3] Provisional map pool feedback

Created 14th October 2012 @ 16:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

Setlet

Quoted from Override.dll

Gpit has one, too: point A is too easy to cap

Then defend A.

But yeah the point of GPIT is that you can’t defend both points at the same time.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Override.dll

[…]
Gpit has one, too: point A is too easy to cap, making it almost 2-point CP map rather than 3-point. Nobody seem to complain about “generic HL maps”, Badwater and Upward.

If you defend B, A becomes easy to cap. And if you defend A, B becomes easy to cap. That’s kinda the entire point of gpit, and while most teams usually defend B, a good defense on A can be just as effective.

Aylonwee

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]If you defend B, A becomes easy to cap. And if you defend A, B becomes easy to cap. That’s kinda the entire point of Gpit, and while most teams usually defend B, a good defence on A can be just as effective.

i agree/ disagree with you.

just played Gpit in UGC and this exact situation cropped up. we had stuck a sniper and scout on A witch delayed their cap time to around a minute. after that we sucessfully held B. after which we simply stacked A to win. we met some resistance but really most of their team should have been there to ensure they at least got a chance to defend B.

its true that the option to defend A is difficult as the map dosen’t have a surefire “safe zone” like B’s shadow. but its not somthing to be completely discarded with. espically if you’re confident on your B defence. not to mention that A is sometimes seen as an ambush spot to pick a few targets off before they can attack b, AND a spy can give info as to what classes are at A and where they’re attacking from.

so yea. i agree that A is certainly worth defending. is it as easy to defend as B? I don’t think so. but its definitely a + part of Gpit because it gives teams a tactical dilemma as to what classes defend where, and for how long. something witch is kind of always the same for other maps.

kf

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7