Forum

[S11] Poll system feedback thread

Created 15th January 2012 @ 14:11

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

– This is the place to give the admins feedback on the poll system to decide the map pool, not about the map pool itself. To discuss the map pool, please use http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-19968/this%5B/url thread.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

This season the admins decided which maps might have a shot at being voted into the season 11 map pool. For this decision many factors have been considered such as “Has this map been played in the past?”, “Is this map well received”, “Did this map get any public attention yet?” and “Is the game mode feasible”.
The top 10 maps from the admins have been put in a poll. After 2 days, many people complained about the choices and we removed the bottom 3 maps and added two more that many people requested.
In the end, this maneuver did not change anything, the top 6 maps stayed the same.
We are aware that this was in no way perfect. There were already some suggestions like a poll with 16 items and the bottom X get removed, then another poll will be hold or Only maps with more that 75% support get in and we will have as much polls as needed to achieve this (always remove the bottom X maps).
Please discuss these suggestions as well as add your own.

Tikcus

Poll System

Only allow 1 vote per team that has signed up to the league (make the vote part of the sign up process)

This stops people that are not competing in the league influence decisions (e.g. highlander/clanless players on a 6v6 poll), it also easily allows admins to view what each division/skill level is voting on, so if there is a big spit between the votes sensible decisoins can be made

Last edited by Tikcus,

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I think there needs to be more variety in the map pool so what I think you should do is break the map pool down into sub pools for each time of map or for different type of maps.

So for example you want a 6 map, map pool and you have a certain number of sub pools. i.e sub map pool for AD, KOTH, CTF, 5CP maps and you have a vote on each sub pool so you can vote for a couple of the maps from each of the sub pools. So 2 from each sub pool that way you would have a mixed map pool.

Whole idea behind it is to encourage custom maps and also to encourage different maps and different tactics rather than the 5 5cps maps we have this season.

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Just keep badlands, granary, gullywash (_pro!!!), gpit and snakewater in the pool all the time and make people vote for 1 map they want as the last map. So you can’t go “I hate map x so I’ll vote all other maps but the sure ones and map x so it won’t be there.”

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

don’t put fucking freight in the map poll

grimbar

Preferential voting, sample size: 1 representative per prem team (last and next season if you have to).

Or scrap that stuff entirely and declare a static map-pool, other proper FPS don’t change their map-pool every season and do just fine <3

Keyro

Cheater

– Make a survey like koeitje did with very accurate choices (rate the opinion per div obviously) then analyse and make choices considering the survey and your personal views.

– Add a handfull of smart (involved guys obviously) prem player to the admin panel for the mappool choice.

– Best solution : grow your balls and made your own choices.

Last edited by Keyro,

F2

Danmark

Quoted from Keyro

– Make a survey like koeitje did with very accurate choices (rate the opinion per div obviously) then analyse and make choices considering the survey and your personal views.

– Add a handfull of smart (involved guys obviously) prem player to the admin panel for the mappool choice.

– Best solution : grow your balls and made your own choices.

I agree with this. Make a more accurate poll, then ANALYZE it (for example, comparing results between divisions), and then make a decision based on it.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

With the end of Season 11 approaching, we are once more asking for your opinions. Mind that we need an easy and quick system that gives good results. A questionnaire with multiple ratings for each map is unlikely to happen with our current ressources.

We are currently discussing two system, I would like to ask you to comment on these two specifically:
1) Multiple polling stages, only maps with more than (e.g.) 75% are set; repeat until we have 6 maps.
2) The top 4 from last season (badlands, gullywash, granary, snakewater) are set, the remaining two are decided with a poll of (e.g.) 6 maps, decided by the admins and based on feedback.

Tornf4lk

cc//

number 2

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from CanFo

2) The top 4 from last season (badlands, gullywash, granary, snakewater) are set, the remaining two are decided with a poll of (e.g.) 6 maps, decided by the admins and based on feedback.

Gravelpit should be a standard map alongside those 4 listed. In fact, I guess it already is.

I’d like to see a poll to choose the 6th map though.

Last edited by Ritalin,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

#2 with some discussion about the maps with the top3 (epsi, infsd, CC) to really find the best choice.

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]
Gravelpit should be a standard map alongside those 4 listed. In fact, I guess it already is.

I’d like to see a poll to choose the 6th map though.

+
Quoted from MIndYe

#2 with some discussion about the maps with the top3 (epsi, infsd, CC) to really find the best choice.

Mark

Phase

Quoted from CanFo

With the end of Season 11 approaching, we are once more asking for your opinions. Mind that we need an easy and quick system that gives good results. A questionnaire with multiple ratings for each map is unlikely to happen with our current ressources.

We are currently discussing two system, I would like to ask you to comment on these two specifically:
1) Multiple polling stages, only maps with more than (e.g.) 75% are set; repeat until we have 6 maps.

The sensible thing would be not to have 6 maps again, because then you’re almost guaranteed to get at least one awful map that no one wants (e.g. freight) just to make up the numbers. 6 is too many.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Quoted from Mark

[…]

The sensible thing would be not to have 6 maps again, because then you’re almost guaranteed to get at least one awful map that no one wants (e.g. freight) just to make up the numbers. 6 is too many.

not necessarily. imo there are more than 6 maps that could be good: badlands granary gravelpit gullywash snakewater viaduct turbine chojjes new map, darkslayer(?)’s new map etc etc. I really don’t get why we should limit ourselves so badly when there are plenty of good maps we could play. New maps into a map pool=creativity and new tactics and not just DM and perfection of old tactics winning the fights(typical blands any1?)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »