[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from ijswezel

before this topic gets bogged down in a jazillion pages of zomg original,
MY BOMBNOMICON

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

i loved that gigantic comedy poof when i die

that is all

I do not love the huge explosion. The whole screen shakes and it is delayed and confuses a div 5 shitter like me :(

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

what about pouring some VANILLA sauce on this thread and keep it that way

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Give equalizer.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from chipstalaizah

Give equalizer.

No, it rewards bad positioning/gamesense with an escape ability.

Rdios

REVERTO

Quoted from chipstalaizah

Give equalizer.

…….. the etf2l community gets invaded by imbalizer fans? :O

chipstalaizah

KiH
mm.

Quoted from herpderp

No, it rewards bad positioning/gamesense with an escape ability.

Will you be my mentor?

Why couldn’t we have an unlocks vote?

AnimaL

Quoted from Daniel

Why couldn’t we have an unlocks vote?

same reason why div6 shouldnt vote for what prem plays

Ghostface

spire

It seems really stupid to me that we have such an unstable map pool because of “variety reasons” and “keeping the game from getting stale”, yet we insist on banning unlocks because nobody cba testing them or some people whine about X weapon.

Quoted from Ghostface

It seems really stupid to me that we have such an unstable map pool because of “variety reasons” and “keeping the game from getting stale”, yet we insist on banning unlocks because nobody cba testing them or some people whine about X weapon.

We ban unlocks because they are all shit (bar kritzkreig and crossbow) , allow maps because people have forgotten how bad they were

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from slate

well I’d argue that actually shooting where your crosshair is pointing should be normal behaviour.

It’s never been normal in TF2 when shooting rockets from something balanced on your shoulder. I admit, a rocket launcher sticking out of my forehead would be very cool, but until we can ‘borg’ it up like a boss, shoulder balance is the only way forward.

Quoted from herpderp

And by that line of thought, should we then enforce that soldiers have the view model on the right side? Afterall, having it on the left side gives one the ability to edge corners that turn to the right, which people with a right sided view model can’t do as easily. Thus it alters the way you aim/compensate for rocket position.

The need to compensate has been there from day 1, whether you have right or left view you have to compensate in some situations, centre view means you dont have to…BOOM! there you have a significant difference. Thank you for inadvertantly arguing my case for me.

Quoted from AnimaL

…it definitely doesn’t give any advantage, are you 12 or smth that u think changing from where you fire gives advantage or alters game ballance/game outcome in any way?!?!

No, I’m not 12, please see the post of someone above you, also quoted here for easy reference, from someone who plays soldier and feels it does offer an advantage in a lack of compensation requirements.

Also:
Quoted from CanFo

I do not love the huge explosion. The whole screen shakes and it is delayed and confuses a div 4 shitter like me :(

Fixed for you :D

Last edited by Monkeh,

djc

d2f~

Quoted from Monkeh

If the original is only a re-skin, why do you want it un-banned? If you don’t think it gives you an advantage when you use it, however small, why do you want to use it so damn much? If it does change the way you play then it isn’t a re-skin and should stay banned.

but this doesn’t make any sense. etf2l already allows a small set of unlocks that provide players with advantages and completely change the way they play. they’re called “medlocks.”

what exactly is the difference between “a center firing projectile” and “a 25% uber gain on every melee hit”? i’ll answer for you – one is stupidly powerful and the other one is a matter of preference that is only disallowed because the idea of allowing any unlock scares the shit out of every single person in etf2l.

by allowing the medlocks as an exception to vanilla gameplay, there has been a set of criteria generated that serve as a guideline as to what is and is not an acceptable unlock. if there’s already this pre-existent exemption to the vanilla rule, why is it necessary to disallow all other unlocks on the principle of playing Unlock Free Team Fortress, when that principle doesn’t even exist? if some unlock exists that meets the criteria associated with the medlocks (and i would argue that the unlock that most perfectly meets this would be the original), then why should it be disallowed when all other similar unlocks are allowed?

Last edited by djc,

BZAD

Not all banned weapon are shit, they/we banned every weapon, so that everybody will be satisfied.
There are definitely certain weapons, who can enhance the gaming experience without destroying the gameplay due to low demand on skill or because the usage is limited to very rare moments
(such as the flaregun, the axetinguisher, BONK, Candy Cane, Boston Basher, Mantreads, Pain Train, KGB, Overdose, Shahanshah, Conniver’s Kunai)B

But as always there is a problem with people with unreasonable claims (like minisentries, natasha, dead ringer, black box, liberty launcher,….etc)
who destroy the progress of allowing some unlocks.

And so we end up in a stalemate called vanilla.

Monkeh

It’s always felt to me that most unlocks come with a another unlock somewhere designed to help counter it, Wrangler/Direct hit for example.

Allowing the combat classes to have ‘x’ or ‘y’ unlock means you may need to also allow unlock ‘bad’ to compensate for the ok unlock ‘x’, and possibly the unlock ‘terribad’ to counter unlock ‘y’.

It’s a viscious circle that ends in too many compromises and then random guesswork at midfights.

The Non-combat class German doesn’t really have that problem, as long as you take Kritz for granted… So acceptable unlocks are those for the non-combat class, not ones that have ‘a’ or ‘b’ characteristics.

That’s the way I see it anyway, I get the feeling others may see things differently.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 16 Next »