Forum

[HL S1] Map Pool Feedback

Created 15th October 2011 @ 13:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

ashkan

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding the map pool and the map order in the schedule.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Map pool:
Badwater
Viaduct
Upward
Gravel Pit
Steel

Map Schedule
Week 1: Badwater – Viaduct
Week 2: Viaduct – Upward
Week 3: Upward – Gravel Pit
Week 4: Gravel Pit – Steel
Week 5: Steel – Badwater

GhostjAAH `

IDK
:>

Viaduct ? :DDD
omg

Keyro

Cheater

No goldrush/dustbowl :( ?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

I must admit i would have liked to have seen a ctf or/and 5cp map in there. Just to mix it up. i.e get rid of one of the pl and put in another map.

Good choice not going for dustbowl or goldrush.

Just ashame its not too varied.

I’d much prefer to see lakeside in as opposed to viaduct – it’s a much more balanced map for highlander and there’s been a lot of tense situations on it when we’ve played pcw’s on it in the past

I’d also have liked to have seen freight in it, or possibly gullywash or croissant (depending on how gully fares over at UGC this week)

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from lawn

I’d much prefer to see lakeside in as opposed to viaduct

I would have liked to see this as well as one side on viaduct have a clear advantage over the over (there are areas players can go on Red and Blu can’t) now these places can be game changing and definitely put one side at a disadvantage/advantage.

Lakeside is a more balanced map and definitely suits highlander more in my opinion.

choiie

keso

Croissant.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Lakeside instead of Steel :D

bpc908

Gullywash instead of Badwater

Setlet

tbh 5cp maps are better than a/d/payload maps even in highlander.

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

viaduct pro?

irfx

EPA

Pity there’s no goldrush. Also 5cp_gorge is very underrated, it deserves a chance.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from gniedler

viaduct pro?

We didn’t want to involve any custom maps for this first season.

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from bpc908

Gullywash instead of Badwater

Nah badwater is the foundation of HL. Shouldn’t replace it.

ashkan

I’ve gotta say I really like Gorge, probably because I’ve seen so many exciting matches on it.

I personally don’t think much of Lakeside, and I remember that people didn’t like it when we played it the first couple of times. But as with all maps, you need to give it more time, and I think it’s become much more popular since. I think Viaduct is a pretty safe bet and everyone knows it well, but it could be pushed aside by (or played together with) Lakeside next season. There will most likely be room for two more maps then :)

I’m a bit hesitant about Steel. Teams that have played it and learnt it seem to love it, while those who are new to the map, well… it’s not the simplest map to learn…

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »