Forum

cp_titan What about a cup?

Created 29th May 2010 @ 20:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Zenny

TFP

Titan has six Control Points. Both teams start with 3 Control Points. There is no neutral CP. All control points have to be taken step by step.

Pictures:

Intro Video
Promotional Poster
Center
Forward Base (1st CP Blue Side)
Shack (2nd CP Blue Side)
Rocket (3rd CP Blue Side)
Overhead View

First off I’d like to say thank you for all of the help and support ETF2L currently provides to the custom map community play testing our maps. I would like to bring to your attention a custom map many of you might not be as familiar with called cp_titan. I’ve been working extensivly on this map for several months now and feel it’s ready to be rigorously tested by groups of your most competitive players to see if it stands up to the standards of ETF2L and what they’re looking for in regards to competitive custom maps for the next season. Therefore I would like to see if this map could be used in a weekend cup. Any thoughts, suggestions, or feedback on this?

Click Here To Download

achy

Looks great! nice work m8

Springer

DAKKA

Everything looks so straight on the pictures, but i’ll check it out laterz.
Nice effort for sure tho!

DIEHARDD

Too many new maps, but good job.

Zenny

TFP

cp_titan_b4 is now available for download!

Map Fixes from cp_titan_b3 to cp_titan_b4
– Fixed the bonus time for capturing a contorl point to only add 30 seconds intead of 60 seconds
– Moved the last capture point spawn rooms to the lower level to help with the map flow
– Moved the shack spawn rooms to be angled to point players in the proper direction leaving spawn
– Removed the setup timer and setup doors from the map
– Lowered the maximum possible respawn time
– Added occluders to optimize the map more in the center area
– Fixed the lighting in the back spawns over the posters and rocket rooms over the 21
– Created custom control point signs for each of the 3 points possible (rocket, shack, forward base)
– Created custom holograms for each control point for each team BLU and RED
– Created custom logos for each team the Balistic Logistics United (BLU) and Rocket Exploration Division (RED)
– Created custom props using the new custom logos for each team
– Created a BLU texture for the train on BLU side (one did not exist before)
– Rebuilt both rockets smoothing groups
– Removed and combinted displacement maps to further optimize the map
– Reorganized the folder directories internally for all custom models and materials in the map
– Added minor detailing to some areas in the map
– Added player clip planes in some areas players were getting caught up

Azdean

WTH!?

Ok I just took a run through your map and it is very nice, beautiful detailing, the rocket at final point is great.

I think that as a public map it would be amazing I actually looked for a server running the map after because it seemed like it would be lots of fun.

However I don’t think it would work in competitive tf2.

Here’s some point as to why I think it wouldn’t work.

-No middle point!
Competitive tf2 revolve’s around the mid fight and when there isn’t a middle point then the start of the match is going to be rather messy and unstructured, I push for some diversity but the mid capture point is like a taste for the round to come. Without that in my opinion it will just be as lacklustre as a ctf mid fight.

-Last point is so open!
There’s a HUGE open space on last that would make it so hard to defend for a 6 man team.
Scouts can run wild on that point and a engy would have to be a must.
A Sniper could do very well on that last point as there isn’t much cover and they have a whole wide open room to pick targets from.

-The map is really really straight.
Once your out of spawn you can literally hold W to get too last. I’m not sure it’s a bad thing per-se as the map is very functional and well laid out. But i thought I’d bring it up anyway.

As I said this is all from just running through it as scout so I’m 100% sure the map could play out completely differently, we’ll just have to play test it to find out.

I’d like to say that you’ve made a very nice map and I am 100% sure it will be a blast to play in a public game.

Zenny

TFP

Gameday
Map Version: cp_titan_b4
Date: Friday September 10th, 2010
Time: 4:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
Server: 174.34.133.100:27500

For more info click here.

As for some of your concerns Azdean I’d like to try to put some of your worries about the map at ease.

Quoted from Azdean

-No middle point!
Competitive tf2 revolve’s around the mid fight and when there isn’t a middle point then the start of the match is going to be rather messy and unstructured, I push for some diversity but the mid capture point is like a taste for the round to come. Without that in my opinion it will just be as lacklustre as a ctf mid fight.

I wanted to make things interesting with this map by taking out the neutral control point from the start of the map. I feel like this brings in a whole new dynamic to the game play because your no longer being forced to rush a central point in which the outcome becomes obvious of who’s going to take the point after the initial rush. I wanted there to be a bit more strategy used for the start of the map, since your not only trying to capture the enemies forward base but protect your own at the start. In addition after the neutral control point has been capped on any five cp map you end up with exactly what my map is anyway, a push back and forth between defending your point while pushing the next.

Quoted from Azdean

-Last point is so open!
There’s a HUGE open space on last that would make it so hard to defend for a 6 man team.
Scouts can run wild on that point and a engy would have to be a must.
A Sniper could do very well on that last point as there isn’t much cover and they have a whole wide open room to pick targets from.

There are already two other maps I can think of off the top of my head that are currently competitive maps that have large areas for their last control points: cp_granary and cp_well. I believe as long as a good six man team is alert and paying attention they can easily fight off any push the opposing team tries and recap the second control point back, as seen in several testing sessions to this point.

Thanks again Azdean for the feedback thus far and I’m glad you enjoy the current direction the map is going design wise.

Zenny

TFP

cp_titan_rc1 is now available for download!

Map Fixes from cp_titan_b4 to cp_titan_rc1
– Added intro video for the map
– Updated the mission briefing to support multiple languages
– Added minor tweaks to the shack area to better break up line of sight
– Optimized the map further in key areas causing lag for some players
– Added more visual detailing in certain areas

Add A Reply Pages: 1