Forum

MACs vs PCs

Created 22nd May 2010 @ 11:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

ups

Quoted from Penguin_

Mouse acc in OS X can be removed using a system command…

I got a mac but always play tf2/ql/whatever in windows on it, works great. Tbh the only thing that the mpb got that windows laptops lack today are a superb trackpad, and maybe the batterylife. And to be on topic, the match would be useless, fact is that you get a lower fps on the mac since they don’t optimize the games so hard for it due to the small userbase ^^ Go with torden, nation cups and pubs vs pros are good! Class wars would be interesting aswell :P

Any heat issues?

Penguin_

Quoted from ups

[…]

Any heat issues?

I wouldn’t have it in my lap gaming on it so to say, but having it on the table (using external keyboard and mouse + monitor) I haven’t had any problems. You just need to put the fan speed up a bit from the ultra-silent default :P

Short reply: It’s like any other laptop I’ve had. Raise the fans and no probs :D

herpderp

DAKKA

I say you add an extra dimension to this match. Play it on laptops (Macbooks vs Whateveryouwantbrand) in a Starbucks, and see which side attracts more hipster chicks.

Quoted from torden

[…]

Most things have fanatics. Fascinating how you’re inclined to judge a whole user base because of it. But, I guess some people are blessed with all the absolute truths, so you go for it poindexter :) (And yes, I’ll allow your coming ironic reply)

I doubt it’s fascinating, and it’s also wrong, because I wasn’t speaking personally. I was merely highlighting a (pretty popular) opinion. (lawl macfags lawl etc.)

Evil

http://mvpc.ytmnd.com/

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Evil

http://mvpc.ytmnd.com/

rofl

Skyride

DUCS

Torden is about the only mac user I know who doesn’t constantly remind you at every opportunity that OSX could be the work of no less than a god, and that every Unibody Macbook Pro is handcrafted by Zeus himself to repay his debt to the almighty steve jobs.

MBP’s are great laptops, I’m seriously considering getting one for uni (and promptly installing Ubuntu on it), but OSX is really nothing special at all, nor is anything else Apple have ever made. All they have ever done is commercialize existing technologies in the way that grabs the most attention; putting it in a pretty shiny box.

Torden, you’re very much the exception to the rule unfortunately.

lassizci

on a horse

http://media.fukung.net/images/18272/apple.jpg

L-iNC

Quoted from Skyride

–but OSX is really nothing special at all–

infidel

dauk

I am thinking of getting mbp 374 for studies with 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB DDR3 SDRAM ,hopefully it will play tf2 with superb configs

n00ne

Mac users can’t uber , can’t scope and can’t detonate stickies.

/thread

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

You don’t have to use the lame no right-click mouse

At least macs don’t have extremely dangerous edges on their peripherals, unlike us, pc gamers.

Stew

Quoted from dotfloat™

At least macs don’t have extremely dangerous edges on their peripherals, unlike us, pc gamers.

I never heard of a guy who stabbed himself with a USB device ^^

Quoted from Stew

[…]

I never heard of a guy who stabbed himself with a USB device ^^

Exactly!
But you surely have heard a guy getting stabbed by the edge of his pc monitor screen?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3