Created 20th July 2014 @ 14:53

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Bubl

I saw that for example that use 0.033 interp set Interp_ratio to 1.2
Sometimes they set at 2
Sometimes at 1
What does it change?

Popcorp

placebo effect…just don’t change anything, play with interp you always played with

Bubl

I always played with 0.035.But changed around to 0.033 and 0.030.And sometimes 0.020.

AnAkkk

The same thing as with any other classes.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Entity_interpolation
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking#Optimizations

hr

why do people always say it is placebo effect when they have no idea what they’re talking about?

Bubl

Quoted from hr

why do people always say it is placebo effect when they have no idea what they’re talking about?

Please explain then what it does?If i use with 0.033 interp it doesnt change.

smultron

(ETF2L Donator)
HKN!

Quoted from Bubl

[…]

Please explain then what it does?If i use with 0.033 interp it doesnt change.

What doesnt change? 0.0152 is the lowest which is best for projectile classes. On hitscan you want higher interp to make enemy movements alittle smoother and thus easier to hit. This is fine for hitscan since its checked client-side.

Bubl

Quoted from smultron

[…]

What doesnt change? 0.0152 is the lowest which is best for projectile classes. On hitscan you want higher interp to make enemy movements alittle smoother and thus easier to hit. This is fine for hitscan since its checked client-side.

….. what are you talking about.Im talking about Interp_ratio

olBaa

Quoted from Bubl

[…]
….. what are you talking about.Im talking about Interp_ratio

interpolation period = max( cl_interp, cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate )

irfx

EPA

All you need is interp 0 and interp_ratio 1 or 2 (depending on your connection)

Bubl

Quoted from irfx

All you need is interp 0 and interp_ratio 1 or 2 (depending on your connection)

If i set it on 0 it most of the time fails to headshot.When i set it to 0.033 i instantly get more headshots

irfx

EPA

Quoted from Bubl

[…]
If i set it on 0 it most of the time fails to headshot.When i set it to 0.033 i instantly get more headshots

cl_interp_ratio 2 = cl_interp 0.033
The thing is that you don’t need to double these commands – thus cl_interp should be set to 0

Add A Reply Pages: 1