Forum

fps drops even with good pc

Created 7th July 2014 @ 21:16

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2

Bery

Seizs
LoL

no, fuck no! it drops much as hell on 6s matches :@:@:@ any other help?

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

overclock your cpu. Just make sure your cooling is not shit as fuck.

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from T0m

overclock your cpu. Just make sure your cooling is not shit as fuck.

i have dual cooler master cooling on my cpu. i dont know overlocking :/

Popcorp

overlocking Kappa

go to your autoexec, find cl_threaded_bone_setup and enable it, see if it helps you.

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

make sure you also have mat_queue_mode 2, and check in your power options in windows and use the “high performance” power plan

what zen said. Also you could look up core parking on google. Windows might park some of your cores “when not in use”.

Use this: http://teamfortress.tv/thread/7598/tf2-benchmarks when testing if you actually get better/worse performance. Since playing a 6s game every time is time consuming.

cl_threaded_bone_setup 1 gives a little boost. Also I got better fps with (dx8)chris highframes compared to maxframes for some reason.

AmirBonk

whjat+

I’ve had the same problem a while ago, with somewhat similer specs to yours.

If trying the solutions above doesn’t help, then try this:
Just uninstall steam, the game (also the folder if it’s not being removed after uninstall), and reinstall windows. It’s the only thing that helped me here.

Bery

Seizs
LoL

Quoted from AmirBonk

I’ve had the same problem a while ago, with somewhat similer specs to yours.

If trying the solutions above doesn’t help, then try this:
Just uninstall steam, the game (also the folder if it’s not being removed after uninstall), and reinstall windows. It’s the only thing that helped me here.

that wont help. as i said, i formated my hdd some days ago
p.s. thats my result to a benchmark
2639 frames 16.576 seconds 159.21 fps ( 6.28 ms/f) 10.676 fps variability
p.s. i got mat_queoe or whatever its called set to 2
now i changed my power option to high performance. lets see
//
also, people, i dont have problem with regular fps. its like 300~ but i got drops, thats other problem… its like i shooting as scout and baam, it will lag like a boss for a second

Last edited by Bery,

Kengur

Not sure if it helps but I get the same kind of freezes with in game mic after Win 8.1 update. Basically when you don’t use mic for 3sec it get’s into idle and has to init by multimedia system again.

zori

check your bios settings for the CStates. C1 C3 C6. Disable them if they’re not disabled

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Quoted from zori

check your bios settings for the CStates. C1 C3 C6. Disable them if they’re not disabled

Shouldn’t need to, high performance power plan makes the cpu not scale down on idle.
Also CStates are awesome

toogyboogy

(ETF2L Donator)
SOFT
bobs

check temperatures maybe?

AnimaL

Quoted from zori

lol

Bery

Seizs
LoL

cpu temperature is 45-50 while not playing and there is high temperature in my country and my room so thats ok i think, gpu 50-55 while playing csgo :v

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2