Forum

hud_combattext update

Created 6th March 2014 @ 12:23

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Popcorp

Quoted from jakeowaty

It requires getting used to. I just started adding up stuff and it’s waaaaaaaaaay easier to have it all added up for you.

Same as with everything else: give it a few days.

23:17 – Popcorp: because you used to: X took 30, X took 50
and with batching shit it’s going to be X took 30, X took 50, X took 60, but it’s all stacked, so its going to be confusing at the beginning
23:18 – Popcorp: yeah it shows overall damage
23:18 – Popcorp: but you have to call out damage when you’re dead or when you/he retreated
23:18 – Popcorp: because saying: medic took 50 and then 70
23:18 – Popcorp: people will think he took 120
23:18 – Popcorp: but in reality he took 70
23:19 – Popcorp: so yeah, you’re kinda forced to say how much damage you did by the end of 1v1, when either you died or he/you retreated

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Popcorp

23:18 – Popcorp: because saying: medic took 50 and then 70
23:18 – Popcorp: people will think he took 120
23:18 – Popcorp: but in reality he took 70

I disagree, if someone would be in a fight calling “Scout took 50 ….. 70” I think everybody would understand he took 70 dmg total. In fact: people already call dmg like that, calls like “Solly took 30, 80, 90, 110” aren’t very uncommon.

Last edited by BenBazinga,

jakeowaty

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

Why would you clutter comms like that.

Just say ‘Med’s weak’ when he got 90 on him, and just keep shooting him. When he retreats or you retreat, say ‘Medics down to 20’ and move on.

It may require a change from some people when it comes to comms, but only for the better, so they are not cluttered that much.

Popcorp

If you’re playing with someone and he says X took 40 and then he says 70, does that mean that X took 70 or 110?

That’s the confusing part of all this, unless the players tells you if he’s using this new Batching thing, it’s very hard to say what damage enemy took, i had a problem with it, it was a lobby tho

jakeowaty

Trying to find uneccesary problems with it, Poppy?

It’s personal prefference. Like anything else.

Last edited by jakeowaty,

AnAkkk

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…]
Valve doesn’t add cheats, you know that :+

I hope you weren’t being serious :)

Popcorp

Quoted from jakeowaty

Trying to find uneccesary problems with it, Poppy?

It’s personal prefference. Like anything else.

Nah, just it can be quite annoying if you don’t know if the player is using this new command or not ^^

jakeowaty

It took me a day on a pub to get used to it. It’s helpful for you, but for anyone else you have to filter information.

For a Heavy, this is useful. Although you need to prepare yourself for lot’s of rage, when you deal 120 damage to a Scout or a Sniper and they get away.

hr

I agree that it is annoying when it you can’t be sure if it is adding two numbers or not, might be better if the number stayed above them for more that 2 seconds as with some testing in walkway if you miss one shot as scout this is enough if you slightly delay the second shot for them to not add up, for now I’m using batching with 2 secs on pistol and off on scattergun and melee, I don’t think such problems really occur with pyro or heavy but for burst damage like shotgun or rocket launcher for me it’s better to have it off.

Phnx

Quoted from hr

I agree that it is annoying when it you can’t be sure if it is adding two numbers or not, might be better if the number stayed above them for more that 2 seconds as with some testing in walkway if you miss one shot as scout this is enough if you slightly delay the second shot for them to not add up, for now I’m using batching with 2 secs on pistol and off on scattergun and melee, I don’t think such problems really occur with pyro or heavy but for burst damage like shotgun or rocket launcher for me it’s better to have it off.

totally agreed.

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVZUbQaB80s

The damage numbers between health and ammo still don’t stack with higher batching.

Limp.

EPA

Oh thats why medics and scouts been having like 300hp lately

Kaneco

Quoted from jwso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVZUbQaB80s

The damage numbers between health and ammo still don’t stack with higher batching.

What am I looking at that isn’t right?

jakeowaty

Quoted from Limp.

Oh thats why medics and scouts been having like 300hp lately

The moment when you get 152 on the Medic and he gets away.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2