Forum

low fps

Created 18th December 2013 @ 17:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Phnx

with every update it’s getting worse.
I am usually on a solid 180 frames, when I shoot (doesn’t matter what weapon) I have about 120-130, when I sticky jump/rocket jump it drops to 60-70, when I got hit by a rocket it can drop to 40 fps. it’s really annoying and un consistant.
using max frames at the moment.

e1ne

same for me , I had 200+ constant on highframes and now have 130 with many drops to 60-70 :/

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Same here. Had 150-200 constantly even on midfights. Now im at 100-130 and fps drops to 30-50 every 30 secs. :(

Edit: With Maxframes.

Last edited by Bloodyyy,

fisheye

i have the same problem. several months ago i could play with over 100 fps, especially in 6v6. nowadays, the performance has dropped, but the real problem is not the fact that you have 90 fps instead of 100. but, every minute or two, i experience a huge performance drop – the fps drops to 20-30, making everything very laggy. you also get that feeling, that mouse sensitivity is lowered a lot. when this happens on mid – you are almost always dead. when you are lucky you can survive but it’s really hard to focus on doing your job (rocket jumping properly, hitting enemy, etc.). i have absolutely NO IDEA what is causing this. it happens randomly, although i experience it most often when going to an area i havent been for a while (like going to mid every respawn or something)…

has anyone fixed this?

Last edited by fisheye,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Yeah it’s called: get a better computer.

Kemor

Quoted from T0m

Yeah it’s called: get a better computer.

Don’t say anything if you’re not trying to help.

Try that nohats thing, also check out if your cpu isnt overheating. Also check other games, if they are fine, then it’s clearly tf2’s fault. At some point i had to use nohats with maxframes to have 100 fps on mids.

aura

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

Try that nohats thing, also check out if your cpu isnt overheating. Also check other games, if they are fine, then it’s clearly tf2’s fault. At some point i had to use nohats with maxframes to have 100 fps on mids.

does anyone have a link to the most uptodate nohats?

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

I am helping. He asked for help and I gave a solution :)

Saki

Quoted from aura

[…]
does anyone have a link to the most uptodate nohats?

Nohats mod
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26904923/Nohat-full.vpk

Nounusuals mod
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26904923/Nohat-effects.vpk

Popcorp

Quoted from T0m

[…]

I am helping. He asked for help and I gave a solution :)

yeah some people with good PCs get shit Performance in TF2 while getting great fps in other games, Solution: Get better PC even if you already have a good PC

genius…

AnimaL

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

yeah some people with good PCs get shit Performance in TF2 while getting great fps in other games, Solution: Get better PC even if you already have a good PC

genius…

or clean ur pc then, tf2 performance is fine and always has been…

Phnx

Quoted from Kemor

[…]

I read the nohat thing, it clearly stands that there is no fps improvement and it is just for the clearer visual look.

Kemor

After installing it my fps jumped from 30 when around players to over 100.

Phnx

Quoted from Kemor

After installing it my fps jumped from 30 when around players to over 100.

interesting, but my problem is fps drops, not usual low fps.
and it usually happens because of explosives.

or remove the projectile explosions. it also cleans up your midfights a bit ;)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »