AnimaL

Quoted from Regen

gl banning your entire competetive community :>>

qft

Daleth

ti.
[PG]

Quoted from s3

anyone with FOV above 90 will never be able to play on our servers until Valve says it’s okay

Just curious, does this include people that use wide resolutions?

easyGame

Actually how does one at rocketblast find out if you use the plugin?
I play there from time to time and never got banned or something using my 110pov.

Also who cares about getting banned from a pub.. Its not like there aren’t any others lol

fawwles

TSUN~

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

he doesn’t say that they’re allowed so… :/

back to 4:3 i guess

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Daleth

[…]

You misunderstood what he’s saying (I know what he wrote, but I think he means something completely different):

He’s saying that: “We do not want people to use (unsigned) plugins that have not been approved by Valve”. The fact that they banned people for having a higher fov is a mere side effect because they were able to detect it. They cannot detect people using a widescreen monitor so they obviously can’t/won’t take action against it.

The whole fov ordeal is just a minor part of it.

It’s also probably possible to use sv_pure to prevent people from joining if they have OpenPlugin.dll loaded.

Last edited by Casual,

Le meme arrows

Quoted from s3

anyone with FOV above 90 will never be able to play on our servers until Valve says it’s okay

I just did http://oi50.tinypic.com/6qxhew.jpg
Ban me plz.

Rdios

REVERTO

Quoted from Regen

gl banning your entire competetive community :>>

http://tf2.rocketblast.com/bans/
easy. i was 15 seconds on the server with 90 fov but the plugin installed and got busted.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Holy shit I just caught up with the last 10 pages in this topic… that was amazing, 10/10.

pic related: http://static.esportsea.com/global/images/events_images/5527.jpg

s3

I suppose I should clarify, although Casual did a good job of it already. Anyone whose client reports fov_desired above 90 will not be allowed to play on RB servers. Sure you can use some silly resolution to achieve a similar result, but so can everyone else (without risking a VAC ban, which is the key point). If you want to play that way, go for it. Casual agreed to not implement certain measures to hide the true FOV values, but I’m sure some of you other clever folks already made that happen. Good for you, enjoy your even-more-complete cheat plugin.
And no, as far as I know there haven’t been any VAC bans because of this plugin. That doesn’t mean that it’s “VAC safe”, and that’s why we won’t allow it. And I’ll re-iterate, I want higher FOV values in this game. 90 is the bare minimum I can use without going nuts. I’m not against higher FOV values, I’m against unsigned plugins granting unfair advantages.
Honestly, just play somewhere else if you want higher FOVs. Our servers are pretty nice, but there are hundreds of alternatives to choose from, none of which enforce the same rules as we do. This discussion has been pretty silly from the get-go, so just go ahead and ignore us in your server browser. Thanks.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

If you are truly honest in that last post, and you really WANT higher fov values, run tftrue on your server. It will give everyone the freedom to set their fov_desired within your servers’ specified margins. Server plugins are completely fine with Valve, so there’s no problem there.

If you don’t want to do that, edit your server.cfg to include tf_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2, so windowed, custom resolutions, and eyefinity setups won’t give players an added advantage.

Last edited by skeej,

One of my clients is having problems. He puts the stuff in his addons folder and launches the game but cannot join a server or change any fov or picmic values. Any solutions?

Error message is the standard must restart to join server message

Last edited by Chaplain,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Chaplain

One of my clients is having problems. He puts the stuff in his addons folder and launches the game but cannot join a server or change any fov or picmic values. Any solutions?

Error message is the standard must restart to join server message

This means the plugin is not loaded (or failed to load).

Tell him to plugin_load addons/OpenPlugin. If that works then he screwed up the .vdf file (which tells the Source Engine to load the plugin on launch). EDIT: If not then paste back what the console outputs.

Last edited by Casual,

Quoted from Casual

[…]

This means the plugin is not loaded (or failed to load).

Tell him to plugin_load addons/OpenPlugin. If that works then he screwed up the .vdf file (which tells the Source Engine to load the plugin on launch). EDIT: If not then paste back what the console outputs.

“No valid signature found for c:program files (x86)steamsteamappsritalinteam fortress 2tfaddonsOpenPlugin.dll”

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

“No valid signature found for c:program files (x86)steamsteamappsritalinteam fortress 2tfaddonsOpenPlugin.dll”

Add -insecure to launch options.

rd6

Is there anything else besides picmip the plugin does to increase fps/performance?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 61 Next »