Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 116 Next »

Chelch

-[MG-C]-

I usually get ~30 FPS without this config, but when I used this config, it switched between ~10FPS and ~60FPS quite a bit.

I was using maxframes, any idea why it did this/how I fix it?

Edit: I did both of the things said in the FAQ before posting.

gyanny

hi chris why no heapsize in launch options?

iQue

keso

Quoted from gyanny

As far as I know the wrong value will give you crashes and stability problems and it usually has very little effect on your fps either way.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from gyanny

short answer: it gets detected anyway
long answer: it gets detected anyway, so you might as well not bother, because wrong values just end up going LOL CRASH.

gyanny

ok ty pit of knowledge

octochris

(0v0)

updated w/ glow_outline_effect_enable 0

(also if someone could pastebin me a new cvarlist that would be much appreciated)

Niekas

Question: Say if i would max out my virtual memory, would it increase my fps ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Niekas

Question: Say if i would max out my virtual memory, would it increase my fps ?

No.

Niekas

Another question: I’ve heard that if u max out graphics setting the graphics card gets more load, and if u minimize graphics setting say with a fps cfg like urs the proccesors gets more load. With a processor: Amd x2 4400+ 2.3ghz and a video card geforce 8600gt 512mb wich cfg would u recommend of using max frames or high frames ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Niekas

Another question: I’ve heard that if u max out graphics setting the graphics card gets more load, and if u minimize graphics setting say with a fps cfg like urs the proccesors gets more load. With a processor: Amd x2 4400+ 2.3ghz and a video card geforce 8600gt 512mb wich cfg would u recommend of using max frames or high frames ?

It’s hard to say, the performance difference will likely not be massive. Also, which AMD is that?

Niekas

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It’s hard to say, the performance difference will likely not be massive. Also, which AMD is that?

DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2300 MHz (11.5 x 200) 4400+
idk what more to say :?

octochris

(0v0)

“Athlon” would have been enough ;)

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Hey chris, I got an issue not specifically with your config but I figured this is the best place i can ask for help

my problem is, I get fps drops a lot, as soon as I start to see other players, getting to middle fights, etc, i get fps drops from 120 (i have fps_max 120) to about 60/70, I have tried all your configs and still have the same drops so this is really annoying

things I have tried include
– using gamebooster
– change to fullscreen (i usually play windowed)
– set ati catalyst 3d options to what I think are the best performance options (all options on best performance except the ones that have the option to let the application decide)
– redownloading the entire game, defragging, veryfing game cache, etc
– set the exclusion thing on Eset antivirus (the file refered in that steamforums thread)
edit: and removing everything but the binds from config.cfg

My specs are

Intel core 2 quad 6600 @ 2.4ghz
ati 5850
4gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

I don’t know what else to do, any suggestions? should I overclock?

and no I don’t have virus/malware/etc, lol

thanks in advance

Adiemus

I had tearing issues with the config. I’m not sure but I think it is related with fps_max 120. I tried both vsync on/off but it did not solve it. My gfx card is hd5970 btw.

octochris

(0v0)

Need testers for new release, if interested please find me on #chrisfps on QuakeNet.

—-

Quoted from Adiemus

I had tearing issues with the config. I’m not sure but I think it is related with fps_max 120. I tried both vsync on/off but it did not solve it. My gfx card is hd5970 btw.

That might be because the config forces mat_vsync. Change it from the config maybe (if you weren’t already)

Quoted from jonii

Hey chris, I got an issue not specifically with your config but I figured this is the best place i can ask for help

my problem is, I get fps drops a lot, as soon as I start to see other players, getting to middle fights, etc, i get fps drops from 120 (i have fps_max 120) to about 60/70, I have tried all your configs and still have the same drops so this is really annoying

things I have tried include
– using gamebooster
– change to fullscreen (i usually play windowed)
– set ati catalyst 3d options to what I think are the best performance options (all options on best performance except the ones that have the option to let the application decide)
– redownloading the entire game, defragging, veryfing game cache, etc
– set the exclusion thing on Eset antivirus (the file refered in that steamforums thread)
edit: and removing everything but the binds from config.cfg

My specs are

Intel core 2 quad 6600 @ 2.4ghz
ati 5850
4gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

I don’t know what else to do, any suggestions? should I overclock?

and no I don’t have virus/malware/etc, lol

thanks in advance

This seems to be a problem w/ 7, I did a survey a while back on people who were having these unaccountable and seemingly inexplicable fps drops at random points and pretty much all were using 7, it seems related.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 21 22 23 ... 116 Next »