Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 106 107 108 ... 116 Next »

myxomoR

Quoted from smziii

[…]

remove -dxlevel command from launch options

thx a lot =*

Last edited by myxomoR,

Beef

got a question about mat_filtertextures. when I have it set to 0, (the command which gives you those awful squares on walls/ceilings etc), my crosshair is fine. but when I set it to 1 (realised I don’t lose any fps from it) the colors of my crosshair changes into a mat, more grayish look which makes em really hard to see. is it supposed to work like this, or can I have the filtertextures set to one without ruining my crosshair?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Beef

got a question about mat_filtertextures. when I have it set to 0, (the command which gives you those awful squares on walls/ceilings etc), my crosshair is fine. but when I set it to 1 (realised I don’t lose any fps from it) the colors of my crosshair changes into a mat, more grayish look which makes em really hard to see. is it supposed to work like this, or can I have the filtertextures set to one without ruining my crosshair?

Your crosshair is also a texture. You can’t have it both ways.

hINDUs

chris, any word on new(ish?) r_ cvars? do the do any good?

also, if i want to waste some time on benchmarking, what method should i use? any advice to keep it consistent between updates?

AnimaL

dunno whats wrong with timedemo, so yeah, record ur own demo ur use snowies really old timedemo template, should both give u some point of referance

Dazrovia

I have a little problem with your medic cfg :
I have mouse1 for medigun, mouse2 for syringe, mouse5 for ubersaw (for other class it’s for switching to shotgun -> rocket launcher for example), mouse4 for popping (rocket -> shotgun) so when I pop, I have no problem, but when I switch to ubersaw while pressing mouse5, and when I want to attack, I also press mouse5, but then it switch to my medigun :/
How to fix this please ?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dazrovia

I have a little problem with your medic cfg :
I have mouse1 for medigun, mouse2 for syringe, mouse5 for ubersaw (for other class it’s for switching to shotgun -> rocket launcher for example), mouse4 for popping (rocket -> shotgun) so when I pop, I have no problem, but when I switch to ubersaw while pressing mouse5, and when I want to attack, I also press mouse5, but then it switch to my medigun :/
How to fix this please ?

Without knowing in what way you have modified the config it’s not possible for me to know. You could have either done it by modifying the binds or the aliases attached to them. Post the config on some pastebin site.

Last edited by octochris,

Dazrovia

I only change
bind mouse3 “+saw” : mouse3 by mouse5 (which is weapon switch for the other classes)
bind mouse4 “+charge” : still mouse4, which is also weapon switch

But when I click on mouse5, I have the saw, but when I re-click on mouse5 to attack, it takes the medigun.
The config is exactly the same as on the github page so I don’t need to pastebin it

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dazrovia

I only change
bind mouse3 “+saw” : mouse3 by mouse5 (which is weapon switch for the other classes)
bind mouse4 “+charge” : still mouse4, which is also weapon switch

But when I click on mouse5, I have the saw, but when I re-click on mouse5 to attack, it takes the medigun.
The config is exactly the same as on the github page so I don’t need to pastebin it

What part of “pastebin it” did you not understand?

Dazrovia

http://pastebin.com/r4HsxdmX

Last edited by Dazrovia,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dazrovia

http://pastebin.com/r4HsxdmX

Um, there’s literally nothing binding mouse5 in there.

maukkaaa

Latetely i have seen a lot of people using these and i just wanna know what advantages/disadvantage using these settings give?

cl_cmdrate 101
cl_updaterate 101
cl_interp 0

This makes your interp go much lower than normal

cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 20001
cl_interp 0

This makes your interp go to 0.0 and it’s all white

Using rates between 30000 and 100000, when your net settings tell to set it at 60000 or 35000

Thanks.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from maukkaaa

Latetely i have seen a lot of people using these and i just wanna know what advantages/disadvantage using these settings give?
Using rates between 30000 and 100000, when your net settings tell to set it at 60000 or 35000

Thanks.

3. that means the server have set the limit to one of these

maukkaaa

Yes, but is it better to use rate of 30000 or 100000 or is it just preference?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from maukkaaa

Yes, but is it better to use rate of 30000 or 100000 or is it just preference?

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 106 107 108 ... 116 Next »