Forum

TF2Center Official Statement on the DeutchLAN situation

Created 8th July 2015 @ 15:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6

Eisen

Quoted from Goreston

I’m not really sure why MN thought it was necessary to make us read a complete history of TF2C just to find out that he doesn’t see anything wrong with using site donations to pursue personal vendettas.

^^

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Goreston

I’m not really sure why MN thought it was necessary to make us read a complete history of TF2C just to find out that he doesn’t see anything wrong with using site donations to pursue personal vendettas.

I think he did it to put it into perspective so we could get a better understanding of why he reacts as he does.

Goreston

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I think he did it to put it into perspective so we could get a better understanding of why he reacts as he does.

But none of it matters. He spends literally a paragraph on the RTC stuff, in which he does nothing to explain why he feels having him banned from DeutschLAN is ok, and then later insists that he’s never shown he can’t be trusted with money.

This is the crux of the whole issue for me. I don’t particularly care about ban-happy admins, and the drop in donations from 2000 euros to 500 euros seems to be a genuine, albeit badly handled, miscommunication. What is not ok, however, is taking money that people have donated to the site in the expectation that it be spent on TF2C, or otherwise contributing to the TF2 comp community, and using it to further a personal feud.

MasterNoob has done nothing to demonstrate that he understands what he did wrong.

asadawarf

#ΣDM
(°)>

i dunno why he talks about giving deutschlan an “additional” €500 as a bonus if they banned RTC from the event. shouldn’t that money have gone to deutschlan anyway, since he promised them €2000? if he has money to throw around like that.. and a promise he made to deutshlan.. the moral thing would have been to give them the money. for all we know he might have been able to cut the sponsorship down from €2000 to €1000 initially, but chose to cut it down to €500 instead.

I’m glad tf2c is going to be more transparent with how their donations are used from now on.

Also its Fairy’s turn to give us a statement we are all very angry with her!!!

RTC

The thing is, before I found out that I had been supposedly banned from Deutschlan, I had nothing against Masternoob. I did have issues with Tereza for unwarranted personal attacks against me + other staff members, but whenever people began to trashtalk MN on Pickup or personal mumbles, I was one of the first to voice that he had positive attributes that people took for granted such as his elevated passion to improve the website, whether they were correctly guided or not, even after my mutually agreed dismissal from the staff. My grievances with the site were nothing to do with a vendetta against Masternoob.

I probably wouldn’t have interfered with the whole Chronos/Scrambled scandal to avoid the obvious bias that handling the ban cases of your friends brings if I was still enchanted with the project, which I wasn’t for a number of reasons, both concerning the project itself and my real life situation. The only thing I regret was lying (the exact lie being I recorded the meeting to give to Foxy later on) and the lie itself was never was with the intent to get anyone into trouble. Because I felt some repentance for this, and the fact Chronos and Scrambled got themselves banned again, I didn’t share the recorded conversation with anyone, and it’s still on my hard drive somewhere. The Pastebin of my conversation about NMC was actually shared by Scrambled with the intent to show me where our conversation had left off last time, since I had closed the Steam chat window.

Truth be told, I don’t even speak much to either Chronos or Scrambled anymore, and in a sense, I feel like I was taken for granted to give them another chance on the website which they immediately wasted by getting themselves banned within a couple of hours. Not to say I dislike either of them, I still like to think I get along with both of them, but I’m not as close as I used to be with them before. And the fact that this whole drama between me and Masternoob exists because of a harmless meme Chronos and Scrambled created is pretty pathetic, especially from a third-person perspective on the matter.

I’m doubtful I could fully forgive MN for what he’s done, especially if he’s actively using money directly donated to the website to prevent me, someone who has actively contributed to TF2Center by writing various sticky threads, helping write various guides on the main page, including the introduction for new players page (which is the home page of the website) and moderating the website for around half a year, from attending an event. I won’t beat around the bush and admit there are a few people that I do dislike going to Deutschlan, but I’m not the kind of person to actively be callous during what should be a fun and entertaining weekend for everyone in attendance, as well as a monument of the first official Highlander LAN. A lot of people I get on with very well, as well as my boyfriend are attending the event, and I’d love to meet new people and spend time with my long-distance partner in such a wonderful event.

However, Masternoob, this is the part that might surprise you: I’m sorry about what happened. I’m sorry for actively causing strife behind the scenes and I’m sorry for actively lying to you and other staff members about my intentions. Know that I had the right intentions at heart to keep those that had a valid unban request (which was agreed on by Foxy and many others) informed about how their request was processed, I just went about an unorthodox method that may have seemed suggestive of foul play. I do not have any future plans to return to a moderating position even if I was allowed to on the website, although I would like to request an unban from the service and continue to use the website.

I guess you can consider this my official statement on the matter.

Oxy

TC.Express

I went away for a week and missed all the TF2C drama it seems.

I’d like to be petty enough to say I told you so. But hey, I still used the site on a near-daily basis so who am I to complain.

TF2Center made a big mistake as far as the money, not sure why anything was promised that was not already in their pockets. As for anything Masternoob or Mother Tereza has said or done recently – well, if you were genuinely surprised at this point, you are far more trusting and expecting of change than myself.

Good luck with your future community and reputation, you will need it.

Meeto

Quoted from RTC

The thing is, before I found out that I had been supposedly banned from Deutschlan, I had nothing against Masternoob. I did have issues with Tereza for unwarranted personal attacks against me + other staff members, but whenever people began to trashtalk MN on Pickup or personal mumbles, I was one of the first to voice that he had positive attributes that people took for granted such as his elevated passion to improve the website, whether they were correctly guided or not, even after my mutually agreed dismissal from the staff. My grievances with the site were nothing to do with a vendetta against Masternoob.

I probably wouldn’t have interfered with the whole Chronos/Scrambled scandal to avoid the obvious bias that handling the ban cases of your friends brings if I was still enchanted with the project, which I wasn’t for a number of reasons, both concerning the project itself and my real life situation. The only thing I regret was lying (the exact lie being I recorded the meeting to give to Foxy later on) and the lie itself was never was with the intent to get anyone into trouble. Because I felt some repentance for this, and the fact Chronos and Scrambled got themselves banned again, I didn’t share the recorded conversation with anyone, and it’s still on my hard drive somewhere. The Pastebin of my conversation about NMC was actually shared by Scrambled with the intent to show me where our conversation had left off last time, since I had closed the Steam chat window.

Truth be told, I don’t even speak much to either Chronos or Scrambled anymore, and in a sense, I feel like I was taken for granted to give them another chance on the website which they immediately wasted by getting themselves banned within a couple of hours. Not to say I dislike either of them, I still like to think I get along with both of them, but I’m not as close as I used to be with them before. And the fact that this whole drama between me and Masternoob exists because of a harmless meme Chronos and Scrambled created is pretty pathetic, especially from a third-person perspective on the matter.

I’m doubtful I could fully forgive MN for what he’s done, especially if he’s actively using money directly donated to the website to prevent me, someone who has actively contributed to TF2Center by writing various sticky threads, helping write various guides on the main page, including the introduction for new players page (which is the home page of the website) and moderating the website for around half a year, from attending an event. I won’t beat around the bush and admit there are a few people that I do dislike going to Deutschlan, but I’m not the kind of person to actively be callous during what should be a fun and entertaining weekend for everyone in attendance, as well as a monument of the first official Highlander LAN. A lot of people I get on with very well, as well as my boyfriend are attending the event, and I’d love to meet new people and spend time with my long-distance partner in such a wonderful event.

However, Masternoob, this is the part that might surprise you: I’m sorry about what happened. I’m sorry for actively causing strife behind the scenes and I’m sorry for actively lying to you and other staff members about my intentions. Know that I had the right intentions at heart to keep those that had a valid unban request (which was agreed on by Foxy and many others) informed about how their request was processed, I just went about an unorthodox method that may have seemed suggestive of foul play. I do not have any future plans to return to a moderating position even if I was allowed to on the website, although I would like to request an unban from the service and continue to use the website.

I guess you can consider this my official statement on the matter.

you’re like that MedRed guy over in NA. You’ve said your piece, no need to keep beating a dead horse.

RTC

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

you’re like that MedRed guy over in NA. You’ve said your piece, no need to keep beating a dead horse.

It’s actually got the opposite intentions of beating a dead horse brother, I’m pretty sick of wasting my thought on what’s already happened at this point and I want to put it to rest.

Munky

AEUGH

There isn’t really an apology for what happened or even an understanding of what went wrong. It is more of a rambling explanation of how things came to be. I just don’t see it really changing the fundamental problems people had with the way things were.

Here is my advice for the site even though it is probably pointless:

* Separate the coding and moderation of the site. People working on the site do a set role.
* Aim to have a donation meter which shows how much of the monthly expenses are being covered. Only look to invest donations elsewhere once 3-4 months of server costs are put aside.
* Possibly make a clearer ban list with who is banning people (seen a few too many IP bans lately).
*Make it clear than Advanced Lobbies won’t be paid for (They could barely stay active when free) as the concept of paying monthly upset the userbase
*Have a deep think about whether advanced lobbies are the best thing to do. I feel like mixing them in with normal lobbies had too many long term problems (splitting the userbase, encouraging stacking with the star system, punishing newer players, etc).
* Remove Mother Tereza. Having one leader of the site with a difficult personality is an issue but throw a nutty Russian into the mix and it becomes a bit too much for everyone.
* Attempt to convince the old staff that things have genuinely changed. People like Foxy and Terry Crews were very respected and a huge barrier to protect MN against criticism. Though I think most of them are relieved to be out.

I was the first person on this thread to bring up financial irresponsibility and it surprised me how quickly my doubts were vindicated (what happened with RTC was abuse of finances imo). Being right is very bitter sweet though. I hope that things improve.

Last edited by Munky,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6