Forum

Trath Pickup Bot - need a server

Created 3rd September 2012 @ 19:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Trath

Hi.
After seeing that people were not satisfied with the pixel bot, regardless of the fact that it keeps crashing for w/e reason – I decided to make a bot that won’t crash and will have balancing of teams, using the ELO system.

I thought this bot would go to be to the new Pixel bot because that way it would be easiest and quickest to get it up and running, but I think Skyride is not so into this idea. (or he just rarely responds to IRC/Steam PM’s)

So, I am looking for somebody that is willing to volunteer a good game server, a server to host the bot and an MySQL DB on the server that the bot can use.

The bot is written in Java. It is working properly. However, there are features that I want to add that I have not done yet:

1. Manage the STV Demos – An STV Demo link is given when the pickup is finished. Demos can be found on a website according to date.

2. Keep track of stats like K/A/D, Domination’s and Medic kills so they can be viewed on each pickups page on a website.

You can contact me on Steam or query “Trath” on IRC @ quakenet .
Thanks

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Trath

I decided to make a bot that won’t crash

something tells me you have not been programming for very long :-D

Trath

Quoted from octochris

[…]

something tells me you have not been programming for very long :-D

meh, database says I ran over 300 pickups = tests.
I punched my wall a couple times when I couldn’t figure out what was causing a problem, but other than that its all good :)

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Goodluck man! :)

Skyride

DUCS

I solved the last crash issue with my bot 5 weeks after I made it. Every issue I’ve had since has been to do with things outside of my control like my server going off randomly, Quakenet, etc. It doesn’t actually crash at all.

Trath

Quoted from Skyride

I solved the last crash issue with my bot 5 weeks after I made it. Every issue I’ve had since has been to do with things outside of my control like my server going off randomly, Quakenet, etc. It doesn’t actually crash at all.

yeah I figured as much since every time the bot “crashes”, you get G-lined as well – that’s why I wrote “w/e reason”. To “normal people” a crash is a crash :D

snelvuur

I’ll give it a shot.. a bit of friendly competition is always ok.

Alias

LZ.War

EDIT: Nevermind…

Last edited by Alias,

LaMqTa

fenneks

GL!

spooge

DOWN

Why didn’t anyone instate an echbot so far? instead of writing one from scratch.

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from snelvuur

I’ll give it a shot.. a bit of friendly competition is always ok.

Go go go !

Trath

LethalZone (snelvuur) have adopted me and my bot. They have given me the resources and access to everything I need, even though it was a security risk for them. – total boss!
There are some things to do before this party can get started (set up the gameserver properly, set up the mumble, set up the registration webpage), but the plan is to have the pickup channel up ASAP so people can start playing.
Later on a website will be set up where you can view each pickup’s stats, player’s stats ETC (K/A/D, domination, medic kills)

Details to come once everything is set up and working. I want to get it ASAP, but make sure everything is working as it should before releasing this thing :)

Brainmaster

GoT<3
#WW

Quoted from Trath

LethalZone (snelvuur) have adopted me and my bot. They have given me the resources and access to everything I need, even though it was a security risk for them. – total boss!
There are some things to do before this party can get started (set up the gameserver properly, set up the mumble, set up the registration webpage), but the plan is to have the pickup channel up ASAP so people can start playing.
Later on a website will be set up where you can view each pickup’s stats, player’s stats ETC (K/A/D, domination, medic kills)

Details to come once everything is set up and working. I want to get it ASAP, but make sure everything is working as it should before releasing this thing :)

GO GO GO make it happen!

Q-Ball

ƒusg

Snel being awesome again :D

nubonamission

burn

Wow this is awesome. Hope it takes off!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »