Forum

A "Competitive Style TF2" Pub

Created 9th August 2011 @ 20:33

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Rynex

FAB
nubs

As a server admin for a community, I often ask myself what other avenues have been left to explore. Recently I decided to try and set up a server for TF2 which focused primarily on the competitive style. With nothing to lose, other than some RAM and hard drive space on this server, I decided to take it upon myself to produce a quality server for what has become a forgotten audience of this game.

I am proud (and somewhat scared) to announce our server which can be found at Crits.org:27020

Here’s some details:

The server is a powerful dedicated server hosted in France, which has excellent ping in Europe.
All unlocks are disabled except for the Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg and Ubersaw

We currently have the following maps in rotation:

– cp_bazillion_rc2
– cp_gullywash_pro
– cp_snakewater_rc3
– cp_warmfront
– cp_freight_final1
– cp_gravelpit
– cp_granary
– cp_badlands
– cp_coldfront
– cp_yukon_final
– ctf_turbine_pro_rc1
– koth_viaduct

Depending on what is discussed in this thread, things may change so that I can provide a quality server for everyone here. The main goal here is to provide a blueprint for future servers of it’s kind. We hope you guys enjoy the server, and put our hard work to good use.

glhf.

Setlet

Remove bazillion ok?

Also, Blutsauger should be allowed.

Quoted from Setlet

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Quoted from Setlet

Remove bazillion ok?

If that is what people want, I’ll add come back and change things depending on what people say… after a game of Civ :D

EDIT: I’ll stick on the Blutsauger for now. And it’s done.

kingexe

TSPAG

Quoted from Rynex

All unlocks are disabled except for the Blutsauger, Kritzkrieg and Ubersaw

no thanks sorry

Moreg

dc.

sounds good, gonna try it

Z0R0

is this 12 slot server? if yes, than nice

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Quoted from Z0R0

is this 12 slot server? if yes, than nice

Not at the moment, it’s a 24 slot. Depending on how well the server is received, we could end up splitting this server into two 12 slot servers. This is still quite a blind run and no one has really used the server yet, so I implore the ETF2L community to at least try this out and respond.

If I don’t see anyone really using the server by next week, I’ll try making it a 12 slot and seeing how it goes then. You could also give it a shot to convince me to change it now ;)

Kvux

/./
LEGO

If you allow the genuine rocket launcher, I might check it out.

trams

-><-

If it isnt 12 slots I dont see why its “comp style”

Rynex

FAB
nubs

Quoted from Kvux

If you allow the genuine rocket launcher, I might check it out.

You mean the Original, right? Weapons like The Original, Iron Curtain and so on, aren’t yet enabled.

Quoted from trams

If it isnt 12 slots I dont see why its “comp style”

This totally depends how much you want to make the server like a competitive TF2 game. Striking a balance is important, but if there’s simply no interest in a 24 slot (or enough people say they’d prefer it to be 12slot), then I’ll split it in two and see how it goes then. Thing is, there’s already TF2 Lobby for that kind of need, as well as the option for people do mixes.
I’d at least like to try a 24 slot first before I consider running two 12 slots.

Add A Reply Pages: 1