The ETF2L Anti-Cheat team is looking for people with the ambition to work towards a league and scene free from cheating. Anti-Cheat admins are responsible for preventing cheating and punishing cheaters. To do so, the Anti-Cheat team has a variety of tools and methods to aid the investigations, as well cooperation with other organisations within the scene.
What are the tasks of being an Anti-Cheat Admin?
How you want to work is mainly up to you. The Anti-Cheat team utilises a broad variety of methods to prevent cheating and catching cheaters. Because of this, you will seldom be working in just one way. The duty of being an Anti-Cheat admin can be done with a lot of variety, but it is also time-consuming, so applicants should expect to put down a few hours every week.
The main tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing demos for signs of cheating
- Aquiring demos of suspected cheaters
- Documenting alternative accounts and blacklisting them
- Investigative work in order to find connections and evidence
What are the requirements and what can we expect of you?
- Ability to work objectively and without bias. This includes going into cases with a neutral attitude, and staying out of cases of people you know personally.
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information. Information within the Anti-Cheat team is confidential and can cause damage to the league if leaked.
- Ability to work in a team. This includes communicating with other Anti-Cheat admins, documenting your work well, and respecting the opinions of others.
- Knowledge of cheats. Anti-Cheat admins must understand the game and how it is affected by cheats in order to analyse demos and finding oddities.
- Activity and honesty.
What can I get out of becoming an Anti-Cheat Admin?
- Work together with other experienced and competent Anti-Cheat admins.
- Gain experience in teamwork, analysing demos, anti-cheat work and much more.
- Your voice counts in the decisions of the league.
- This is a position you can only improve on with the help of other Anti-Cheat admins, so do not be intimidated to apply.
Interested in becoming an Anti-Cheat Admin?
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- ETF2L profile link
- Country of residence
- Highest division played in any league
- Previous anti-cheat experience in TF2 or other games (optional)
- Available free time: how much time do you have available for anti-cheat work on a weekly basis? What other commitments could affect your availability?
- What demo analysis techniques are you aware of? Give us examples of technical or visible evidence of different cheats that you are aware of.