June 29, 2013
Nations Cup #4 powered by BlackOut Gaming
After the Highlander Nations Cup #2 was announced it was only a matter of time until the 6vs6 version would follow.
The Cup will feature a Group Stage with subsequent single-elimination knockout stage, and will take place throughout July, August and September. Each country that signs up will be represented by one team with players of the same nationality, led by a Captain chosen by the ETF2L admin staff through the applications process. If a captain was not approved, the nation will not be allowed to participate! There will also be a prize pool of €1000 contributed by BlackOut Gaming.
Team Captain Applications
Captain applications are now open.
National teams are created and managed by Captains chosen by the ETF2L staff from submitted applications. Each Captain will pick the best possible roster from his countrymen and lead their glorious squadron to victory (or failure). There are no restrictions on which players you can pick for your national your team, as long as they are of your country’s nationality and are eligible to play in ETF2L.
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining why you should be your country’s captain and describe your planned national roster. Applicants who have experience leading successful ETF2L teams and a good reputation in the scene will be given priority.
Any applications that do not meet the following standards will be declined:
- The email must have a clear subject (Good: “Nations cup captain application for the Piratecountry from Blackbeard”. Bad: “nations cup”. Very bad: “Hi”)
- You must include your ETF2L profile and your nickname. If it is not included, how would we know who is applying?
Deadline for all 6v6 captain applications will close on Sunday, 7th of July. Only approved captains and their national teams will be added to the competition.
Nations Cup #4 powered by BlackOut Gaming will be using the so called “North American” system.
- Two halves with timelimit 30 each. Sides are switched either when the first half’s timelimit is reached or when one team scores 3 points in the first half (which ever comes first).
- First team to win 5 rounds in total wins or the team with most rounds in total at the end of the second half.
- If both teams are tied at the end of the second half, a decider round with no timelimit is played. The first team to cap the enemy’s last point wins.
- Two halves with timelimit 0 each. Sides are switched when one team wins 3 rounds in the first half.
- The first team to win 4 rounds in total wins the map.
The configs for both, 5cp and koth maps, can be found here.
Remember that those configs will only cover the first half of the game and that you will have to manually adjust the settings for the second half.
Nations Cup #4 powered by BlackOut Gaming will use the same unlock rules as ETF2L Season 15.
The provisional schedule and map pool are as follows:
- Signups: July 7 – July 13
- Group composition: July 14
- Schedule week: July 15 – July 19
- Group Stages week 1: July 21 – July 27
- Group Stages week 2: July 28 – August 3
- Group Stages week 3: August 4 – August 10
- Round of 16: August 11 – August 17
- Pause for i49: August 18 – August 30
- Quarter Finals: September 1 – September 7
- Semi-Finals: September 8 – September 14
- Grand Finals: September 15 – September 21
- cp_metalworks / cp_granary
Which one of the two will be used in the end is not decided and still up for debate. You can provide feedback in the following feedback thread.
- Group stage week 1: cp_process_rc3 & koth_viaduct_rc3
- Group stage week 2: cp_gullywash & cp_snakewater
- Group stage week 3: cp_badlands & cp_metalworks / cp_granary
- All Knockout stages after that will be Best-of-3 with Loser’s pick