Forum

Div 5/6 roamer looking for mentor

Created 9th February 2013 @ 09:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1

marez

vc
9 ☆

I had a plenty of mix experience but not so many ETF2L experience because I couldnt find a proper team. I would like to have a mentor because I want to get better mostly at positioning. Add me if interested :)

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from marez

I had a plenty of mix experience but not so many ETF2L experience

div 5/6 is just like playing a mix

Limp.

EPA

Just play and see where you are more comfortable fight scouts or whatever and use these positions or watch demos and copy.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Modern roaming is American style. You will have better luck asking on teamfortress.tv – they even have a forum for mentoring.

http://teamfortress.tv/forum/category/3

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The only tips i can give any aspiring roamer is to learn to jump really well, trick jumps/normal jumps/safe jumps and learn to aim whilst jumping too.

TALK a lot, too many roamers are silent, you need to communicate with your combo and scouts, everyone should be aware of what you’re doing before you do it, so they can follow up on it properly.

The only other thing is to manage your ammo well too, nothing is worse than double rocket jumping with 3 rockets or less and not having anything loaded to kill people.

Get used to dying a lot early on, until you get used to how gunboats/ the game changing. You’re gonna be used as a distraction a lot more these days, so get really good at surviving a long period of time when gou should already be dead.

Oh, one more thing. Get a really bright and obvious hat/misc combo, none of this black paint shit. Get pink or lime, something that stands out, it may seem silly but if a combo sees a bright green soldier jumping around they’ll stare at him like a teenager who saw his first pair of tits and your team can walk throigh chokes and flanks for free and shit on the enemies face.

marez

vc
9 ☆

I think that I mostly need to work on rollouts and knowing when to not use gunboats. I watched some Soldier POVs but they dont really explain when they switch from shotgun to gunboats and so.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Use gunboats all the time and practise skipping really quickly. You need more mobility, imo. And you should ask on teamfortress.tv because America has many more experienced gunboats roamers.

Last edited by fraac,

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Use gunboats all the time, only switch if you’re going to be spending extended.periods of time with your medic.

As for rollouts, it’s just practice makes perfect, either you or your pocket should be equalizing but none of the soldier are really difficult and with gunboats even if you fuck a jump up you can still just do another to eecover.

Add A Reply Pages: 1