Forum

For your next bball cup

Created 22nd July 2008 @ 17:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

alas the crappy stickyspam remains

Haunter

basicly u want to remove the demoman, i made a sugestion for not scoring from base-base, now u come with the sticky spam, if i get a solution for that, what comes after? :D

i think the main issue about the demoman in bball is scoring from base-base, a soldier with same skill level as demoman can kill him easly, dont see that as a problem, except for the basic rule, of no stickies to the spawn

complx-

Kvakkistansen

2 soldiers spamming with the shotgun will do 50% dmg in like 3seconds…

lets not get petty here… stickies are a weapon like anything else…

xzr

use body blocks and air sticky mats against ninja demos u nobos =)

perry

[MIPC]

what xzar said, i see no reason to restrict demo from jumping all the way through the field, blocking them midair isn’t too hard if you just practice it for a while, or you can try shooting at the backboard.

complx-

Kvakkistansen

as i said, firing shotgun at demos fuckup their speed, easy way to stop em…

Darn

rockit like

bball with a demo is just plain boring, spam spam spam.. The stickyjump never were the biggest problem.

Haunter

ur wrong darn, the problem is the sticky jump :P

if u go for the fight with the demo against a good team, trust me, u lose the game, cause demo dies to fast

the best way of using demo is cause u can sticky jump base-base, and u can keep enemies far from u, if ur teamate dies

wer

tfortress.no

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/64469
** This is the same map as ctf_bball2, but the built-in timer is removed so it will obey mp_timelimit. **

should update to this version

haRacz

Maybe stickies should be only used to jump, not for attacking ?

Haunter

im just giving an idea dunno if its possible, but someone could try

would be fun to make a bball with rockets only, no shotgun, but for that reload should be removed, and the only way for removing reload, is by touching the suply, so, someone who can work with map edit could:

make a big suply under the floor, this is possible, but there’s a problem suply’s gives ammo and health, but would be stupid to give health, nobody would die, dunno if its possible to make a suply that only gives ammo/reload

a map edited in that way would be fun for some cups, rocket only :)

N/A

RaWr ::

Oh god Haunter! You gave away all our tactics! Lawlz.. On a serious note personally I think it’s stupid to remove the demoman, when I first returned to Team Fortress 2 about a month back, me and Haunter got beat by a 2 soldier combo quite convincingly.. So it’s not impossible, just gotta use your head a little and adjust to it

Love josh :F

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2