Forum

ETF2L Config: Class Limits

Created 23rd May 2009 @ 16:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Can some one clarify the rule.

Supposing you had a team of super awesome multiclassers.
Your demoman dies.
Some one else is just spawning, can they switch to demo and the original demo guy change to another class?

Is the rule that you can’t breach the class limits at any time even when dead or inside spawn?

Although this might sound a bit fanciful, I’m sure it could be pulled off on occasion; is such a manoeuvre legal?

Bun

GM

^ I don’t think it’s illegal, but it’s kind of meh.

Enemy team; “DEMO DOWN PUSH” another demo comes up and kills them “Demo down eh..?”

M0re

yeah, its not illegal atm, but its unethic. tho teams that are “win-by-all-means” dont care, so thats why enforcing class limits is a good idea so we can have all guys @ same level while playing.

Grem

rEJ
TG

Hehe ‘not illegal’. Puntastic!

Black_Bob

[DA]

Must say i like haveing loads of scouts on the warmup, but its a good idea to put the class limits on to stop the abuse of the grey area of the rules above.

compton

cvx|

Having to wait for the enemy team to kick your own player that is hanging disconnected on the server is much worse than the doubt of breaking class limit rules. We all take demos to enforce class limits anyway. You can always check them after the match.

Rules should be clearer about these gray areas. It’s the only sensible solution.

Haunter

i remember making a post about this when i was admin, saying that shouldnt be allowed to change to certain class when he is down, all the other admins had a different opinion, and we got stuck with the rule, doubt anything will change now :D

compton

cvx|

Switching classes should be allowed in any situation. If it will turn competitive TF2 into a game of class switch management (which I doubt, since the advantage is minimal), it should be banned again.

And in any situation, I mean as long as these rules apply (yes, just my own personal suggestion):

1. Class limits only concern the amount of players in areas that are accessible to both teams.
2. If a team has more players playing a class than the class limits allow, every player of that class inside a spawn is considered to be “switching”, meaning they cannot interact with players outside the spawn or heal anyone inside or outside a spawn.

For an example to the rule #2: If a team has two medics in a spawn and they are being spawn camped, one of the medics has to switch before healing people outside the spawn. Or if there is two demomen, or three soldiers, they cant shoot outside the spawn. This is to prevent confusion over which of the players are currently “playing” the class and which of them are just switching.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

imo nothing will change to this situation unless you force certain players to play a specific class. The only thing you will prevent with the possible rulechange is that people cant switch spawns (with demo/med) and legit class switches (i.e. the ones who dont give you an advantage)

i havent seen a topteam switching a demo with a scout midmatch just yet, coz it sound retarded

Haunter

actually me and springer already swaped in our pcw’s, specially on last cp, doesnt work all the time, but when he dies and im respawning taking medic gives us the 15-20s extra of ubber while he is dead. around 50%

pukz

Like haunter said it can be used as an advantage.. which could be just another tactical part of TF2 or you can ban it.

Either way i think there should be a post from the admins to clarify this :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2