Forum

Rocket Launcher logo!

Created 4th August 2010 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

@ Tom… Not really, as you’ll have to manually convert it back, after manually converting it. Since the plugin won’t open it in 64bit, let alone convert it to jpg. so doing it that way would be the long way around, instead of a simple, open > edit > save.

@ msl… it’s been a while since i had to do this, so don’t blame me if valves editted the way it works like they usually do, but to get it working on your model, check the path in the gcf file that you got the original texture from, make sure it’s call the same name, and then find this path through your tf folder. If the folders don’t exist, make them, and then put the file there. Then it’ll work

This of it this way. In your tf/maps folder, there isn’t cp_granary, but if you went through a gcf file with the maps in it, you’d find it in the tf/maps folder.

i don’t remember the exact path, and can’t check atm cos i’m at work, but it’s something like tf/materials/models/weapons/

it’s important that it’s the same file name and folder name, as this is what TF2 looks for when loading the texture, and if it’s something different, it might as well be on another computer.

if you still have trouble, go on fpsbanana or somewhere like that and find a texture replacement for the weapon you want, and look where it puts that file.

achy

@Nag where the fack where you last night you mofo! im working tonight and i want you to make my rocket! :D

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

soz was out, usually am wednesdays, thought i’d be online before or after pub. hopefully u’d not have gone out by time i come online tonight, or leave a url of the logo you want with someone so they can give to me.

Hunt3r

LAME

i get this error:
Material models/weapons/v_rocketlauncher/v_rocketlauncher01 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!

i extracted the file, added my test logo, saved as vtf, created the vmt (with VTFEdit) and put it in the right place. didn’t work…
then i saved it as jpg, converted it to vtf and vmt (with VTFEdit) and tried it. didn’t work either.

what did i do wrong? does it have to do with w_rocketlauncher?
thanks in advance :)

Last edited by Hunt3r,

Quoted from Hunt3r

i get this error:
Material models/weapons/v_rocketlauncher/v_rocketlauncher01 does not support vertex format used by the mesh (maybe missing fields or mismatched vertex compression?), mesh will not be rendered. Grab a programmer!

i extracted the file, added my test logo, saved as vtf, created the vmt (with VTFEdit) and put it in the right place. didn’t work…
then i saved it as jpg, converted it to vtf and vmt (with VTFEdit) and tried it. didn’t work either.

what did i do wrong? does it have to do with w_rocketlauncher?
thanks in advance :)

You shouldn’t be able to screw up on just editing the VTF. What does the VMT contain? VTFEdit might have added some crap in there.

Last edited by d1ck j0nes,

Hunt3r

LAME

haha lol
so i just deleted the vmt and it worked.

i added the vmt because i thought it is necessary, but it’s not i suppose…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2