Forum

LERN ENGILS WIT SPIEK

Created 13th December 2010 @ 15:21

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Matt

It is the internet, I find that typing grammatically correct sentence to be a pain in the behind to type. I would much prefer to not have to think and just type freely.

Hitting the nail on the head more than you think, Matt; people that can’t form a readable sentence are stupid *because* forming a sentence properly would require them to *think*!!

I don’t think about my sentences much either. They just happen to come out correct naturally (most of the time, anyway!) (ironically this one did not!).

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Hitting the nail on the head more than you think, Matt; people that can’t form a readable sentence are stupid *because* forming a sentence properly would require them to *think*!!

I don’t think about my sentences much either. They just happen to come out correct naturally (most of the time, anyway!) (ironically this one did not!).

I cba to think about this so excuse the terrible English.

Not really, i refuse to believe that your use of semi colons and punctuation at all times s because you do not THINK about it, English isnt even your native language.

I am not stupid because i chose to type horrendously incorrect English.

On a side note, i was bad at english in school.

octochris

(0v0)

general rule:

i talk like this when i’m trolling

I talk like this when I think you’re an idiot.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Matt

Not really, i refuse to believe that your use of semi colons and punctuation at all times s because you do not THINK about it, English isnt even your native language.

Well, I didn’t lie. I guess all I can say, in reply to it not even being my native language, is “go figure” :)

Must add though that I communicate in English more than I do in my native language. Not sure whether that is *why* my English is decent, or *because* my English is decent :)

I am not stupid because i chose to type horrendously incorrect English.

On a side note, i was bad at english in school.

Perhaps “stupid” was a bit of a poorly chosen word, but you get the point :)

Quoted from octochris

general rule:

i talk like this when i’m trolling

I talk like this when I think you’re an idiot.

How do you pronounce the difference? :D

Spike Himself

TC

Edit: now it looks as if I accidentally hit submit twice :D

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

I would say it is both the why and the because, you obviously have a flair for languages and have dedicated “alot” of time to them, English especially, because you also learnt how to write it correctly from the word go, you have not had any time to learn bad habits and mistakes.

Spike Himself

TC

My English isn’t perfect; I definitely make mistakes and I’m sure I have bad habits too (for example, at least 80% of my posts contain the word “also” and most of my posts are edited shortly after being posted).
I guess I’m a bit of a perfectionist (which, contrary to popular belief, is more a curse than it is a blessing).

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

My English isn’t perfect; I definitely make mistakes and I’m sure I have bad habits too (for example, at least 80% of my posts contain the word “also” and most of my posts are edited shortly after being posted).
I guess I’m a bit of a perfectionist (which, contrary to popular belief, is more a curse than it is a blessing).

So you do think about it then?

And i dont know who told you being a perfectionist is a blessing, but they lied.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Matt

[…]

So you do think about it then?

Heh, guess I do after all :)
Ish.
Maybe my sentences would be perfectly readable if I didn’t edit them afterwards, but for some reason I always feel a need to edit them anyway.

:::

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

im sure they would be, most of my sentences are readable, they just dont look very pretty, contain “alot” of mistakes and are grammatically incorrect

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Matt

And i dont know who told you being a perfectionist is a blessing, but they lied.

;)

tbh though, in terms of things worth arguing about, this is pretty fucking low down on the list.

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

I didnt think we were arguing about it? i would call it a debate

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from BERSERKER

It’s peculiar how most of the d00ds in this thread who “don’t care” and try to shift the focus onto the people who bring this up are mostly British.

Ok first off, I’ll throw it out there that I’m Scottish, not British.

The reason most Brit’s probably don’t care is because its one of these things that’s drilled into you from a young age, that grammar/spelling is important, but it’s such a fucking dry subject and most teachers don’t do anything to help, so it just falls under the category of “things I learned at School that are mostly a waste of time”, along with Algebra, The periodic table, etc,,,

Its just a culture thing really, I’m not sure what it’s like in the European countries, but certainly here, virtually all students of all ages see it as a goal to not pay attention in class (until of course when you get to the last couple of years of important exams, then everyone starts paying attention but hates it no less).

Incidentally my biggest annoyance when it comes to traditional spelling mistakes made by the British is the replacement of ‘have’ with ‘of.’
i.e. he should of done that

I’m looking at you, Byte.

Its colloquial language, there’s nothing wrong with it. If you think thats bad though, you need to go listen to some of the more outlandish dialects like Aberdonian, Dundonian, Glasweigan, North English, etc,,, they all have their little quirks.

Also just to be pedantic, its usually not literally “of”, you’re just hearing that as its not your first language.

“Should have” == “Should’ve”, and then just the pronunciation of the “ve”.

Last edited by Skyride,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Skyride

Also just to be pedantic, its usually not literally “of”, you’re just hearing that as its not your first language.

“Should have” == “Should’ve”, and then just the pronunciation of the “ve”.

It *is* literally “of” when it’s literally written like that.

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

Last time I checked Scotland was still part of Great Britain :o

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skyride

i’m off to murder your geography teacher

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 16 Next »