Forum

Source Film maker, must read !

Created 3rd January 2010 @ 00:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »

Sclampf

i just dont know why valve did not release it already, i mean the community made so many epic videos, just imagine how cool they COULD HAVE BEEN EVEN MORE with this tool!!

and btw: meet the medic?? wtf?

Randdalf

(0v0)

If it can load demos in the editor it’d be interesting to see what people can do (but I’d assume that’s impossible because it uses beta TF2, so the demos would have to be recorded under those conditions).

Buck

If it can load demos in the editor it’d be interesting to see what people can do (but I’d assume that’s impossible because it uses beta TF2, so the demos would have to be recorded under those conditions).

exactly, but if someone does figure out a way of running this with new version of tf2 it might just work. I highly doubt it though as the reason it wouldnt work on tf2 now is because valve patched the game so it deletes the files needed to run it if you put it in and read only doesn’t help, someone got close but very crashy by taking away system privileges to the files so it couldn’t delete it.

The reason they aren’t releasing it is probably that it is still very buggy, especially this version a lot of things don’t even have labels which means they have a value but you don’t know what it does. Valve used it as they knew what everything does and the help file points to valves intranet wiki… Well hopefully this stirs up a lot of questions and pressures valve to do it as early as possible.

Aron

damn THIS looks awesome, dl the tf2 beta it now :)

Buck

I have obtained and got this to work myself and i can tell you this… Its very confusing to get anything to work, i still havent figured out how to move the camera, only found a way to change fov of the camera (zoom in and out) and even that is confusing as hell. I hope someone figures this out eventually.

Sclampf

there MUST be some kind of tutorial in the depths of the internet…

i think im gonna post this on the official tf2 forums and ask for a tutorial

Last edited by Sclampf,

Klevah

there MUST be some kind of tutorial in the depths of the internet…

i think im gonna post this on the official tf2 forums and ask for a tutorial

Let us know if you find anything please :)

ChOun

iCon

Hello, thank you already to make us discover this jewel for all videomaker.

I have thus me also wanted to test this program specific to teamfortress2 beta. I have thus to recover the lan version of tf2beta and tried to obtain something from it. But here, I am blocked almost at the beginning, not that I is a beginner, there are in fact very few explanations.

Can one have on behalf of those which one at least launched once, method to make a success of that, install the version lan, to put a fix? to copy which files, and especially or? And finally to make function the options of launchings, because at home that does not want to go, however I am of course not to be misled to me (by thus adding the options of launching in the short cut as indicated).

If that does not return in the charter of this forum, somebody could it in ON position contact me via steam account: ptit_choun

By thanking you in advance ( and sorry for my english ;p ).

Akasazh

THG
HL

I think that wouldve made more sense if you had left it in chinese typeface.

Buck

Well i updated the first post with a detailed guide of how to get it to run and some more even more exciting stuff !

ChOun

iCon

Thank you;), but its still not working, I’m under windows 7 and I think it will not run the commands: “-game tf-applaunch 440-window-noborder-novid-tools”

http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/sanstitre-12bb04e862.png

Buck

Make shortcut to hl2.exe not RUN_TF2.exe

ChOun

iCon

oh god, i’m stupid ;D, thx mate all is ok ;).

First quick try : http://www.noelshack.com/up/aac/composition1005-a1c2548b8.png

No problem, like it ;)

Last edited by ChOun,

joysticktoaster

i followed the instructions however, when i launch the shortcut the game window flashes for a split second, then disappears and closes…any help on this???

Buck

i followed the instructions however, when i launch the shortcut the game window flashes for a split second, then disappears and closes…any help on this???

hmm, i never encounter this problem myself, does the game run when you launch RUN_TF2 ?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 8 Next »