Forum

Pure clan movie (Unfinished)

Created 20th December 2008 @ 22:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

gregz

Its only 2 minutes long and is comprised of mainly soldier footage at the moments.
We’re only low so dont be too nasty :P

http://www.vimeo.com/2586109

nautti

I really don’t know what to say here or how to say it nicely how I feel now. I like fragvids and watch all that I can find. What is the point with this vid? You send a unfinished video that you have named “PuRe Intro *unfinshed*” You also tell that “This is mainly just for pure to see how the video is going to be lookin like.”

Movies and fragvideos should be entertaining and funny. Watching this made me really unhappy and frustrated. Don’t know was it cause of the music or just the worthless footage.

Why you need to post this unfinished intro in here? There are really nothing to see. You don’t ask any help or need opinions about the vid. It doesn’t matter if you play on lower levels but it doesn’t mean that your video should be low also.

It’s a really nice idea how you are presenting all the players and using some effects there but you do that in 20-30 sec. After that the footage seems to be useless and shows nothing worth of showing. At the end there is few airshots that I hope to see more on your final vid but please use more time and collect more footage that is worth of showing. You had some good ideas there. Work on them. Watch those other movies. I’m sure you will get a lot of good tips from movie forum and from people who have watched those fragvids and have wrote some feedback.

So keep up working. Good vids doesn’t come easily :)

Assault Marine Sigh

not quite sure what your problem with the movie was.
Aside from the odd and rather scary music the vid was cool. The intro was different and works, the first killing spree was good, I believe it was all in one life.
So what there wasnt 500 airshots and you taking on the entire team with ur shovel.
A good start and I cant wait to see the rest, low or not provided the music is changed ill enjoy the movie alot. Looking forward to it.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

Thanks for your comments i forgot to say ‘What do you think needs to be done’

mineral

[kpwr]

The intro was nice. Music wasn’t.
And if you’re using killing sprees that are that long please speed up more when there’s no action. It bores the viewer to see how you’re moving from one point to another. Sure you speeded up but not fast enough. That killin spree should have been a ~30 sec clip at the very max, otherwise it bores me out. So a little more action. More decent shots rather than the regular everyday ones.
Keep working ;)

marrr

w00ts the song?

The music made me sick :( I liked the opening sequence though. Beside that, I agree with what the others have said in this thread.

SfynX

T2P

bad fragmovie…end of

sry

Pros: Good/Great editing and introduction

Cons: not rly entertaining but since u said low clan then il let it slide

Sfnx, why?
Don’t just leave a bollocky comment like that without giving pointers.

Pros:
The intro was creative, and it worked. Very well done.
It’s not filled with just airshots, it has nice killing sprees.
As it’s a team movie, it will end up being a variety of classes – which is nice to see.

Cons:
The music was a bit off-putting for a frag movie. Maybe ok for casual listening, but not a frag movie.
The quality. Are you using fraps or what? :P Have a look at some TF2 movie making tutorials on youtube, I’m sure they’ll help.
The length. Yes, it’s two minutes, which is fine. But it is a bit boring when half of it is taken up by the soldier getting the mid point at the beginning. ;)

Hopefully this helped, continue with the work! I hope to see an awesome team movie in the future.

torden

broder
syster

because you guys are low, most of the inbetween battle isnt that interesting to watch.
what you should then focus on is to make a very tight editing, with little dead time pr kill (if you cant have quality – go for quantity).
Focus rather on places where alotta kills are made in short time, such as at cap 5 on granary.

single airgibs are fun, but not that impressive. What I would recomend you to do, is rather that you collect all those “more than ordinary kills, and edit them snappy fast.
F.ex having one kill pr beat in whatever music you choose.

While you havent hit the nail yet with the music, I think you should stick with something happy and fun.

elpedro

I agree with the most part already being said, If I were you I would wait some time before posting the full movie, Wait for you team to at least reach low+ because this would be more fun to watch.

Gl in the future!

gregz

The song is Black Kids – Not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you (for the person that actually like it ^________^)

Thanks for the advice :]

marrr

i’m interested in this music for “casual” listening as shintaz said :)
and yes! its lame :)

ilike2spin

RLM

Playing against -=Crazy=- I see.

Atkins

Velox.
TSPAG

Cheers guys so far i have deleted the intro and made it again making it look more fine and awesome which it does, i have keep the same style of intro which you guys seemed to like but with a white out line and words so its easier to see and different and better clips of the intro. i have also changed the music tbh i was trying to rush it because everyone was desperate to see it so i put the song which i was listening to at the time on. i have been searching for music to use im thinking this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLTCXZbCNFU or something like it, if you know any good music please reply. i have also shortened the soldier clip and just left the ending where we capped the last point :). And i have more footage of other classes on it e.g. heavy and sniper which are short clips but have alot of kills.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »