lagi

It’s the final not-ready version

WLL

Quoted from lagi

It’s the final not-ready version

ty

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I’d just like to note that this is now my team’s favorite map along with Freight.

Nice job! :3

byte

As promised, I would follow up this map after 2 seasons of version _final. The map has had mixed reviews, some love it, some hate it, some don’t mind etc…

As with any map, it’s hard to see whats right and wrong at the time, it’s only with a long duration of time you get to see some fundamentals that could be altered.

So I thought I’d do a survery on obscure to see what was disliked the most on it (yes alot of you will go for the jokes of “the map” yawn zzz etc…)

The top 2 problems that had been risen were:

1) The theme – the snow had cause of problems for people to aim as alot of players apparently use white crosshair and or default crosshair, thus making it hard for them to see their own crosshair.

2) Capture point 1, it’s been the throrn in my backside ever since I started this map, and I plan to remove the thorn and make cp1 so enjoyable!

I’d like to thank dignitas/Darn for his input on obscure for capture point 1. *He might not remember the convo we had haha was like 9months ago* :D

Anyway, I’ve provided some screenies obviously some props drawings and various bits of outer edges are missing but the jist of it is there.

Will keep you updated soon.

.::. Screenshots of cp_obscure_final1 .::.
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/byte/final1.zip

Some things to note the things you see are an approximation of what it will end up like, ignore the fact that props and textures and various things aren’t fixed, they are just references or things left out on purpose to get the core stuff done.

Just to note – the third thing that got mentioned as a fundamental problem was fps issues on capture point 2 and sometimes 3. Currently cp3 will be completely fixed of fps issues I can guarantee this due to the exterior setting being enclosed :)

Anyways opinions feedback etc…

This was a suprise for those that didn’t know! :p Happy Xmas etc.

Cheers

Byte

nvc

Actually liked obscure before these layout changes on last, but i guess alot of people hated it. Happy that the snow is going though!

randa

Wow hats off to you for putting so much effort in to this project. I use a white crosshair and ive never had the issue with the snow gonna miss the eye candy side of the map. Im hoping the changes arent going to be too major in such a late version, its good to see you are still trying to make the map perfect though.

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

I’ll miss the snow :(

torden

broder
syster

Looking forward to seeing it. The badlands look is nice and I understand why you changed. But, it’s a bit of a shame to lose the winter theme. Should make different versions!

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

all this because ziggy lost a few duels? :p:p:p:p

Last edited by Arcadizz1e,

LikeThis

wat. For now: Do not like.

Can’t wait to play it though to get a proper judgement.

dauk

I would like to see it green like follower and not desert like badlands. Just thoughts just thoughts.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 73 74 75 ... 109 Next »