Forum

cp_evergreen [5cp]

Created 17th December 2011 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Battery

Looks great so far (About to download it…)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Mirror: http://etf2l.org/maps/cp_evergreen_b3.zip

ondkaja

IKEA

This map seems a bit chaotic to me, specifically the overly complex connectors and the fact that there is so many ways to push and flank.

DarkSlayer

looks really nice, your detailing is awesome- although this may hamper you making big changes in the future. I really like the idea behind all the points. I feel that 1-2 lobby could be simplified (remove door frames so they are flush to the wall, remove drop down, make lower lobby less of a death pit) of course i havent played it yet so i could be completely wrong!

If people are up for a double mix on this and cp_toxic_b17 tomorrow night then would be good to play this!

Ravidge

Quoted from ondkaja

This map seems a bit chaotic to me, specifically the overly complex connectors and the fact that there is so many ways to push and flank.

I’m quite curious to hear what connectors you’re referring to, and what specifically it is that make them complex/hard to grasp/bad for gameplay.
I get this or similar comments every now and again, but always from people who haven’t played the map in a 6v6, and so far it has ended with them either 1) not willing to play the map, or 2) they never get back to me about the issue.
What I see happening is that flanks are possible, but very rarely executed as players opt to stay with their team, or they get spotted and retreat/die.

The number of viable routes at any given moment is something I’ve looked at closely during development. And I think the keyword is “viable”. There’s certainly quite a few paths available, but when it comes down to business, and you have to do a push. Various circumstances will not allow you to use certain paths for whatever reason (maybe it’s too chokey/unsafe/bad positioning/too long) and the gameplay in reality isn’t as chaotic as it may seem from the layout. It depends on how the 2 teams face each other, and how they pressure each other into positions on the map.

I’m sorry for going all WORDS WORDS on your simple little 2 line reply, but it’s basically general info that I thought I could share either way.

DarkSlayer

Quoted from Ravidge

[…]

I’m quite curious to hear what connectors you’re referring to, and what specifically it is that make them complex/hard to grasp/bad for gameplay.
I get this or similar comments every now and again, but always from people who haven’t played the map in a 6v6, and so far it has ended with them either 1) not willing to play the map, or 2) they never get back to me about the issue.
What I see happening is that flanks are possible, but very rarely executed as players opt to stay with their team, or they get spotted and retreat/die.

The number of viable routes at any given moment is something I’ve looked at closely during development. And I think the keyword is “viable”. There’s certainly quite a few paths available, but when it comes down to business, and you have to do a push. Various circumstances will not allow you to use certain paths for whatever reason (maybe it’s too chokey/unsafe/bad positioning/too long) and the gameplay in reality isn’t as chaotic as it may seem from the layout. It depends on how the 2 teams face each other, and how they pressure each other into positions on the map.

I’m sorry for going all WORDS WORDS on your simple little 2 line reply, but it’s basically general info that I thought I could share either way.

i think we should just have a dbl mix on it when we are testing toxic :)

Ravidge

Quoted from DarkSlayer

[…]

i think we should just have a dbl mix on it when we are testing toxic :)

Agreed, nothing beats playtesting. Even if theory-crafting is fun!

Ravidge

Hello. My internet connection went bad for a couple of days, and with nothing else to do I went back to mapping for a bit.

I created cp_evergreen_b4
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1281220/maps/cp_evergreen_b4.bsp.bz2

b4:
– Increased width on platforms at Last cp. Added a high see-through fence/cover and also connected the right and left bridges together for easier movement overall.
– Added a second floor to the small house next to the first spawnroom.
– First spawn moved back 256 units. Makes it harder to duck into the spawn for cover when defending last.
– Spawntimes reduced by .5 seconds
– A lot of new textures, and subtle variations of shades on all red/blu textures. Less wood and more concrete and metal.
– General detailing and clipping, the usual stuff.
– Less geometry ‘popping’ though weird areaportals, I hope. This is really hard to eliminate completely and still keep a good framerate.

If you want images and longer changelogs go to: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=18367

Well, that’s all.

Cuttlefish

6v6

Cool map – looks a bit like Croissant and Follower combined.

Ch3Vy

FjK

We should definitely have a one night cup on this ^^

Spike Himself

TC

Mirror http://fastdl.colonslash.eu/maps/cp_evergreen_b4.bsp.bz2

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2