Forum

Reviving Capture the Flag?

Created 16th December 2010 @ 20:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Wabbeh

A large space kinda defeats the point of quick returns though, doesn’t it? Imagine having to get the flag from one end of Turbine to the other in one ‘push’ – it would be ridiculously hard to get it out if enemy players touching it returned it. Maybe a shortened timer like 20 seconds would work though.

Quoted from Wabbeh

A large space kinda defeats the point of quick returns though, doesn’t it? Imagine having to get the flag from one end of Turbine to the other in one ‘push’ – it would be ridiculously hard to get it out if enemy players touching it returned it. Maybe a shortened timer like 20 seconds would work though.

I can see the sense in that.
When I was talking about a lot of space to “move around” I was trying to imply multiple viable routes still with plenty “choke-ish” points and controllable area’s.

But I do agree with you, instant touch return would be extreme. but then again the map should not be much bigger than 3 cp’s out of a well sized 5cp map.

Wiiking

It seems like u havent played turbine with the new 3×10 or 5 flags mode. All 7 of Epsilon think turbine is a great map which should be in the next season.

Wabbeh

I hope by ‘weel sized’ you mean a good sized map, and not a map that is sized the same as Well….

Quoted from Wiiking

It seems like u havent played turbine with the new 3×10 or 5 flags mode. All 7 of Epsilon think turbine is a great map which should be in the next season.

You are right, I have not played the new Turbine.
I wouldn’t at all mind turbine in the next season, I like the map a little myself and the new rules should make me like it quite a lot.
But being realistic, the earliest a new ctf map would be done is before S10. The entire team of Epsilon saying they would like to see Turbine in the map pool again actually inspires me to make a ctf map that is even more fun than Turbine.

Quoted from Wabbeh

I hope by ‘weel sized’ you mean a good sized map, and not a map that is sized the same as Well….

Hell no :D
Should be roughly the same size as Mr. Turbine itself, but with a way different layout.

Last edited by Cycl4mate,

konr

Quoted from Cycl4mate

[…]

I’m really a fan of this idea. A map with quick returns, lots of space to move around and 10 minute rounds sounds really fun, at least to me it does.

i agrE wif dis guy

voX » Cycl4mate: not appreciated, please read the topic
voX » Cycl4mate: :(
voX » konr: i did
voX » konr: i agrE wif u
voX » Cycl4mate: wtf is that shit :D
voX » konr: agr
voX » konr: E
voX » konr: agree
voX » Cycl4mate: but your post is hardly relevant to anything
voX » konr: True that
voX » konr: I can’t be arsed typing what you already did
voX » Cycl4mate: the OP asks people personal opinions :D
voX » konr: i would like to see a new ctf map. Would make me feel useful, being a scout :)

Last edited by konr,

Wiiking

Even though I guess u can still play Turbine in a very boring way the new mode inspire/forces people to actually attack and defend. But overall ctf is far from popular so trying to get a brand new ctf map might be hard, not only to make (cuz u have no “good” ctf map to see how it plays out) and everyone will have a negative attitude towards the idea without even looking into it.

I think, if ur priority would be to make the current map pool better, to grab a map, and make what the majority think is flaws and make them better.

Hopefully though u make maps cuz u like making maps :P then changing minor shit on official maps is prolly boring :D

Quoted from Wiiking

Even though I guess u can still play Turbine in a very boring way the new mode inspire/forces people to actually attack and defend. But overall ctf is far from popular so trying to get a brand new ctf map might be hard, not only to make (cuz u have no “good” ctf map to see how it plays out) and everyone will have a negative attitude towards the idea without even looking into it.

I think, if ur priority would be to make the current map pool better, to grab a map, and make what the majority think is flaws and make them better.

Hopefully though u make maps cuz u like making maps :P then changing minor shit on official maps is prolly boring :D

Still awaiting the day Granlands will become officially boring, even though Badlands is so good it’s just legendary.

I see where you are coming from, I want to try bring some more spice to the map pool if all goes well but I am aware people in any gaming community tend to hate change.

Edit: It’s not like ctf is a shocking new concept or anything though?

flushy

P.O.P

needs to be fast paced and dynamic

Quoted from flushy

needs to be fast paced and dynamic

correct,

Probably, the Measures taken will be:

– Fast intell return if touched, or even without touching (about 5-10 seconds)
– The 10 minute round rule or whatever it is called
– Multiple viable routes towards the intell (that do not run past the enemy spawn or through a cramped shaft ^^)
– No single area’s from which all routes going through can be blocked
– (and, this one will be very hard) No OP sentry spots

Wiiking

Quoted from Cycl4mate

[…]

Still awaiting the day Granlands will become officially boring, even though Badlands is so good it’s just legendary.

I see where you are coming from, I want to try bring some more spice to the map pool if all goes well but I am aware people in any gaming community tend to hate change.

Edit: It’s not like ctf is a shocking new concept or anything though?

Nah but not played nearly enough. What are the most important parts for a competive ctf map when it comes to map design? Who the fuck knows? :D Will require a lot of testing, or guessing

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Quoted from konr

voX » konr: i would like to see a new ctf map. Would make me feel useful, being a scout :)

haha, almost sounds like scouts aren’t useful in 5cp..

On subject though: I think you should try what Sneis said if I understand what he means..
maybe i’m getting the wrong impression but you should try look at what makes a good map a good map why do people love badlands so much? why do people still like granary even though they like badlands way more? Alot of people like gullywash, but I also hear alot that it’s a very bad map.. but why? Just do your homework and get us a better map then badlands or atleast one just as good!

xoxo

Quoted from Smofo

[…]

haha, almost sounds like scouts aren’t useful in 5cp..

On subject though: I think you should try what Sneis said if I understand what he means..
maybe i’m getting the wrong impression but you should try look at what makes a good map a good map why do people love badlands so much? why do people still like granary even though they like badlands way more? Alot of people like gullywash, but I also hear alot that it’s a very bad map.. but why? Just do your homework and get us a better map then badlands or atleast one just as good!

xoxo

A better map than Badlands? Seriously valvE better share me their drugs because I don’t know WHAT their mappers were on when they made that map but what the heck.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for the feedback you have given me enough food for thought to stay awake over for a night.

I will do my homework before I get started. /offtobed

Spike Himself

TC

Attack/Defense CTF; Defending team has 2 intels. Attacking team none.

And that’s as much thought as I’m going to put into that :D

@Cyc; badlands wasn’t actually made by valve! Same mapper as coldfront I think (or was it freight?).

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Wiiking

i agree with admirable on that chokes without roofs are needed. between mid/2nd <– like badlands.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »