The future of ETF2L

Created 4th August 2012 @ 21:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next »

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Linus

[…]

you mean the hl semi finals just now? You know that was on the frontpage of twitch, right?

Yes i do, what are you trying to say with that?

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Regen

[…]

Yes i do, what are you trying to say with that?

that it would’ve barely had 10% of that amount of viewers if it wasn’t for twitch’s frontpage promotion.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Linus

[…]

that it would’ve barely had 10% of that amount of viewers if it wasn’t for twitch’s frontpage promotion.

So?

ashkan

Quoted from Linus

[…]

And Notch tweeted mid-game, which probably added a couple of hundred.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

So?

So nothing. Someone randomly mentioned out of context that TF2 had 2000+ viewers. I can only assume it was a point made to show that TF2 is a blooming esport. Unfortunately, it’s just proof of twitch’s influence.

Skyride

DUCS

I unno. We just get viewers n stuff.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Linus

[…]

So nothing. Someone randomly mentioned out of context that TF2 had 2000+ viewers. I can only assume it was a point made to show that TF2 is a blooming esport. Unfortunately, it’s just proof of twitch’s influence.

Which is far from a bad thing. There were people in the chat saying they were on Twitch to find TF2 streams and were happy to have one right on the front page. Great exposure for Vanilla TV and ETF2L because even if a handful of them visit the sites/tune into the casts, it’s worth it.

And I don’t think anybody posted numbers to show TF2 is a blooming esport at all.

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

Which is far from a bad thing. There were people in the chat saying they were on Twitch to find TF2 streams and were happy to have one right on the front page. Great exposure for Vanilla TV and ETF2L because even if a handful of them visit the sites/tune into the casts, it’s worth it.

And I don’t think anybody posted numbers to show TF2 is a blooming esport at all.

yes, this was in my mind and i didn’t have to write it anymore

Linus

[d¿s]

Fair enough. But yeah, twitch is really good in regards of publicity comapred to own3d, glad vanilla made the change.

AnimaL

Quoted from Skyride

I unno. We just get viewers n stuff.

man vs game gets 2x that when he just talks live if hes on main page… i mean, its not tf2 that gets u the views

p.s. twitch has awesome stats tool it would be good to see how the viewerbase changes from time to time

Last edited by AnimaL,

Wiper

idd.

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

For example. There are so many people with barely no contacts looking for their very first competitive team in the recruitment area. Why not add them and ask for some mixes? 30 minutes for a good thing. :)

Exactly! I do that all the time.

Stuppa

.Dicknitas

Well we should focus now in making TF2 enter MLG, that would be a revolution for the game dont u think so?

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Stuppa

Well we should focus now in making TF2 enter MLG, that would be a revolution for the game dont u think so?

do you really think they would add tf2 to mlg lol

IPZIE

SUAVE

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-22226/page-1/?recent=399560#post-399560

Quoted from Stuppa

Even if it did enter MLG I think it would only attract annoying CoD/CS kids who’s only in it to make shitty fragvids.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 12 Next »