Forum

Does 'skill' level really = experience?

Created 18th January 2011 @ 13:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…][…]

btw about the soldiers – euro soldiers suck… i guess its some of the top soldiers who are passive as fuck and then low soldiers watch demos and learn from it… so we are all in a huge hole now, having only handful of decent roaming soldiers

so please, dont watch euro games if you want to learn how to play soldier, watch yanks, they suck at tf2 but my god, the soldiers at least do something in the games

maybe soldiers are able to do something cause the rest of the classes suck?

kuma

It’s the whole package really, ability to cap points which usually involves killing stuff without dying beforehand. The better your ability to do this with your team, the higher your skill level. Usually the knowledge on how to do this comes from experience.

You can also download skill if you’re really stuck.

Last edited by kuma,

GeaR

Epsilon

Quoted from Monkeh

Most soldiers in the higher divs can hit air shots like bosses

Because nearly every player airstrafes like a boss in higher divs. I claim most airshots are bad luck for the one who strafed into the rocket.

Anyways, I think there is difference between the actual skill level (movement, aim), even in premier division. You can’t compare trying to hit skinnie, zerox, bybben and shintaz with the rest of prem div(don’t know about the scouts of my team :D).
As I experienced the best deathmatch players hang around in lower divs. Your aim won’t help you in 6on6 if you’re always in a disadvantageous position or attacking at the wrong time. Imo skill level is all together; aim, movement and the thing which is described as gamesense.

AnimaL

Quoted from Mike

[…]

maybe soldiers are able to do something cause the rest of the classes suck?

so standing still on ur cp is the way to go…? lol

caned

MEAT
LEGO

aiming rockets is easy

the good soldiers are the clever ones

Orchid

|=3

I just love how every month or two one of these skillpolice threads come up.
Imo – You should not rate individual players based on the division system, its meant for the whole team. I dont know how to really explain this.
ummm…

To make it short : Player A – should not be rated division 3/4!!
Its how players A + B + C work together that should be rated. You can put random division 1 players together and they wont handle division 1, because they cant bond and play together. Then again you can put together random div3/4 people, who bond really fast and work with each other brilliantly after a month, making it a division 2 team.

My lack of skills in English makes it hard to explain what i mean!

Last edited by Orchid,

Spike Himself

TC

It’s true. Wai was a prem soldier once – now he’s stuck in div4 with a bunch of shitters!

Orchid

|=3

Quoted from Spike Himself

It’s true. Wai was a prem soldier once – now he’s stuck in div4 with a bunch of shitters!

Not the best example, but still works with what I said!
If you rated players by the division system, him joining you would automatically boost you up to top div4, low div3. lol!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

OMG WE BEET U IN MIX GAME WEN U HAD 1 AFK 4 HALF TEH GAME, WE EQUAL BETTER THAN U 4EVA NOW, WE IN DIV 4, MAKEZ U DIV 5, U BAD TROLLOLOL.

Orchid

|=3

Mixes dont count for shit.
Imo teams only should be rated when they have played together with the same lineup for about a month, months and a half! At that point they know where they should start off, from which division they should build up.

Last edited by Orchid,

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Gamesense, timing and movement are by far more important than aim and dm, albeit movement can be incorporated into the above two.

Met very very few players from lower divs who have any of the above 3 to any decent level, no offense, so yes it obviously does come from expierence since the majority of soldiers at the moment are terrible, I played effectively prem div that alone says enough. Too many people just go for kills because that’s what makes your points go up right?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Thalien

Gamesense, timing and movement are by far more important than aim and dm, albeit movement can be incorporated into the above two.

Met very very few players from lower divs who have any of the above 3 to any decent level, no offense, so yes it obviously does come from expierence since the majority of soldiers at the moment are terrible, I played effectively prem div that alone says enough. Too many people just go for kills because that’s what makes your points go up right?

I can vouch for Thalien being terrible.

(that was the essence of your post wasn’t it?)

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I can vouch for Thalien being terrible.

(that was the essence of your post wasn’t it?)

Yes.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Words, so many of them!

For the sake of being ‘useless’, I’d say, as Quoted from Koeitje

Learn the place and time to fight.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

ZeyOrk

I just listen to demsi and exfane, and afterwards we win :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »